Compass blast Internet good?

clementk

I am new in Houston and wanted to know what the fourm thinks of it. Was looking at prices and speeds and saw xfinity blast that is 50mbits down and 10mbit up for $50. Wanted to know if anybody has it and how it is if it's good for gaming.

Needs Update

I am new in Houston and wanted to know what the fourm thinks of it. Was looking at prices and speeds and saw xfinity blast that is 50mbits down and 10mbit up for $50. Wanted to know if anybody has it and how it is if it's good for gaming.

Telling us what country you're in might help....

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"

- George Carlin (1937-2008)

You mean Comcast? Well download speeds are great. Upload can be meh to some. I have blast internet . These are my results over 5GHz WiFi

3210699128.png

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

Telling us what country you're in might help....

Houston, Texas : United States of America

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

Houston, Texas : United States of America

Yeah, the USA has not been nominated as the international de-facto standard country yet. Could have been Houston in Australia, Canada, Guyana, Saint Kitts, UK...

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"

- George Carlin (1937-2008)

Comcast is pretty good. Like Assassin said; Down speeds are great while Up is decent at best. You're bound to pass 50 MBPS in down speeds, so that's a plus. 
KzAWTZ5.png

Comcast is pretty good. Like Assassin said; Down speeds are great while Up is decent at best. You're bound to pass 50 MBPS in down speeds, so that's a plus. KzAWTZ5.png

Can you may tell me what router/modem you get with the $8 rental? Want to know if I should rather get other one?

Needs Update

Can you may tell me what router/modem you get with the $8 rental? Want to know if I should rather get other one?

You're better off buying your own router. The modem you get with the "Blast" subscription, well; at least the modem I got is an Arris TM722 modem which is pretty good. Bear in mind it may be different since I have this due to needing a telephone line.

If you want to know the router I have, it's a Medialink Wireless-N 300 MBPS model. For the prce it's pretty good not to mention they have great customer support.