Livewire vs ethernet > 25'

Hikaru12

I'm contemplating splicing my own ethernet wires but I've heard speed begins to degrade over ethernet over a certain length. Will I notice a speed decrease if I have to run at least a 25' wire from the guest room to my room? I'm currently using a WD livewire which transmits the internet signal over my electrical wiring in the house but my house is at least 70 years old and this has got to have an impact on performance. I'm in no way displeased with my internet speed but if running one long wire through the house will give it a speed boost, I think I'm ready to make that commitment. 

I'm contemplating splicing my own ethernet wires but I've heard speed begins to degrade over ethernet over a certain length. Will I notice a speed decrease if I have to run at least a 25' wire from the guest room to my room? I'm currently using a WD livewire which transmits the internet signal over my electrical wiring in the house but my house is at least 70 years old and this has got to have an impact on performance. I'm in no way displeased with my internet speed but if running one long wire through the house will give it a speed boost, I think I'm ready to make that commitment. 

The spec says to stay under 300' or 100 meters. Ive never used a powerline adapter that does full gigabit, but Cat 5e will.

The spec says to stay under 300' or 100 meters. Ive never used a powerline adapter that does full gigabit, but Cat 5e will.

Thanks. I wasn't sure if it was 300' or 50'. Good to know I got so much room to play with! Now I'll just have to find a way to secure this wire.

Voltage/signal degredation only begins around 275 to 300 ft. Also since your house is 70 years old you likely are using cloth and tar type wiring, which also has no ground just a hot and neutral. So in other words--Yes use a ethernet, 25ft is nothing and will not cause any drop in signal.