Google Sheets Question

So I have a Google sheets layout and I need the information from a certain column in each of 5 separate tabs to auto populate onto a "master" tab. I believe this is done under data validation, though thing is; what I need is for the master sheet to update automatically when I update the information on sheets 1-5. Any assistance with this would be grateful.

My brain is a muddy mess today so be gentle ...Google Docs/Sheets is not my common use for this kind of thing and it has been a long while since I have done this with MS Excel.

Thank you in advance.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Simple solution that might work is using

='Sheet1'!A1

or whatever the top cell (A1) of the data column and sheet name (Sheet1), and just dragging it down. Rinse and repeat for each data set. This might be a pain for larger data sets.

7 hours ago, Dissitesuxba11s said:

Simple solution that might work is using

='Sheet1'!A1

or whatever the top cell (A1) of the data column and sheet name (Sheet1), and just dragging it down. Rinse and repeat for each data set. This might be a pain for larger data sets.

It works to get the drop down list but I need is for the information populate on its own like in excel with relationships that can be created.

it been years since I did this last and its even changed with excel... I need to relearn how to do this.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

12 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

It works to get the drop down list but I need is for the information populate on its own like in excel with relationships that can be created.

it been years since I did this last and its even changed with excel... I need to relearn how to do this.

I might have been confused by your initial query. So you want the master sheet have all drop down menus?

Example:
Sheet 2 has a column of odd numbers, while sheet 3 has a column of even numbers. You want the master sheer, sheet 1, to have two column, one with just the odd numbers and the other just even numbers, but you want these to be from a drop down menu? Correct me if I'm wrong.