Laptop got struck up!

Guys.. I tried to load live CD.. But it got struck up here.! Everything got hanged up! Please help.. I'm dead already.. Please help.. Completely tensed

153958359034038904594709487438.jpg

hey man, no need to worry.

if this was a clean install i'd suggest connecting it to the internet and doing a fresh install with the latest version of ubuntu.
using a usb instead of a live cd.

it should be more up to date that way.
and if these things happen a clean install never hurt nobody.

Current build: Ryzen 7 1700x, asus prime x370-pro, 16gb gskill trident z rgb, asus rog strix gtx 1070 ti, corsair rm650x, nzxt s340 elite, samsung 840 pro 256gb, 1.5tb hdd.

It could be a driver issue, Try the Manjaro live cd and use rufus to make the usb.  I say manjaro because I find their live cd version has more driver compatibilities than other Distros. If the Manjaro Live CD works, then your issue is most likely driver related.

4 minutes ago, Shura said:

It could be a driver issue, Try the Manjaro live cd and use rufus to make the usb.  I say manjaro because I find their live cd version has more driver compatibilities than other Distros. If the Manjaro Live CD works, then your issue is most likely driver related.

I used universal USB installer.. And that too on a legacy bios to create USB.. Then connected to uefi laptop

3 minutes ago, Uday_Sama said:

I used universal USB installer.. And that too on a legacy bios to create USB.. Then connected to uefi laptop

I mean hardware drivers and not bios drivers. I don't use universal USB installer so I can't comment on it but I do use etcher and rufus and I find some distro images simply don't play well with etcher but never have issues with rufus. As for manjaro, I mean manjaro has an option when starting the live cd to use free open drivers for hardware or proprietary drivers. Some distros only use free open drivers on their live cd and have you install proprietary ones manually, I have had more success booting the manjaro live usb on older hardware or unique systems where other distros fail. You don't have to install manjaro but if the live cd/usb boots to desktop it means you are probably facing a driver issue.

2 minutes ago, Shura said:

I mean hardware drivers and not bios drivers. I don't use universal USB installer so I can't comment on it but I do use etcher and rufus and I find some distro images simply don't play well with etcher but never have issues with rufus. As for manjaro, I mean manjaro has an option when starting the live cd to use free open drivers for hardware or proprietary drivers. Some distros only use free open drivers on their live cd and have you install proprietary ones manually, I have had more success booting the manjaro live usb on older hardware or unique systems where other distros fail. You don't have to install manjaro but if the live cd/usb boots to desktop it means you are probably facing a driver issue.

Thanks a lot senpai! Will try again with rufus! 

One more thing... I use Linux just for programming and all.. Nothing more as my major games and all are in Windows... So I'm considering to use a live usb over dual booting.. As I want to try various distros.. I don't mind slow startups.. And virtual machines use a quite memoy right? So is live usb a good option? 

25 minutes ago, Martijn Klerks said:

hey man, no need to worry.

if this was a clean install i'd suggest connecting it to the internet and doing a fresh install with the latest version of ubuntu.
using a usb instead of a live cd.

it should be more up to date that way.
and if these things happen a clean install never hurt nobody.

Sorry sorry.. ... I used USB.. I'm considering a live usb without install for now

press ESC so we can see the verbose boot, try booting with nomodeset