International - Newegg & Amazon

Hi P
Go to solution Solved by Crunchy Dragon,

That's an RMA via Newegg/Amazon. Similar to how after (x) days, you can't return a product to the store you bought it from.

The manufacturer RMA will last as long as the manufacturer warranty does.

I have been reading the FAQ on Newegg for international shipping / refunds / replacement / etc.

Said that, to my understanding (which may be wrong), when it comes down to refunds and replacements on Newegg International purchases they only give 15 days to apply for an RMA.

Does this mean after 15 days I'm completely screwed if I encounter a product malfunction?

Would I not have a warranty from Newegg or the Manufacturer?

I heard Amazon is basically the same thing but 30 days instead of 15, is this accurate?

Thank you

That's an RMA via Newegg/Amazon. Similar to how after (x) days, you can't return a product to the store you bought it from.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

5 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Oh I see, so basically after X days I no longer contact Newegg or the 3rd party seller, but the product's manufacturer within warranty time, is this correct?

Just now, Hi P said:

Oh I see, so basically after X days I no longer contact Newegg or the 3rd party seller, but the product's manufacturer within warranty time, is this correct?

Correct.

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

6 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Correct.

That's nice :)

Just one last thing (that always confuses me), when shipping back a product for refund / replacement:

1.- Do I have to cover the cost of doing so?

2.- And when they send back the replacement, do I have to pay once again the shipping + duty fees?

31 minutes ago, Hi P said:

That's nice :)

Just one last thing (that always confuses me), when shipping back a product for refund / replacement:

1.- Do I have to cover the cost of doing so?

2.- And when they send back the replacement, do I have to pay once again the shipping + duty fees?

I believe you have to pay shipping back, but I'm not sure about returning the product to you.

It might vary by company.

The Amazon one probably depends on which Amazon site you are talking about. The UK (and probably all EU ones) are 30 day send back for any reason (they will also cover the cost of this return through distance selling regulations) and usually, at least the first year of warranty would be dealt with through them directly (assuming it has been bought from actual Amazon, not sure about Amazon marketplace).

2 hours ago, IntMD said:

Amazon  will also cover the cost of this return through distance selling regulations and the first year of warranty would be dealt with through them.

Thank you very much, I feel more safe with Amazon, though they have higher prices...

For international shipping would you rather trust Amazon or Newegg? I'm only missing like 3 parts I think for $500 USD including shipping and fees