Upgrading my PC

So I will be upgrading my pc next week.. i currently have i3 4160 with 16gb ddr3 ram, I Recently bought a new GPU: GTX 1080Ti with PSU 850W. 

These are the prats I'm going to get, would like to know if my choice is good or i need to change something. 

1. CPU - Intel Core i7 8700K 3.7Ghz 12MB Cache s1151v2 - Box 

2. M.Board - Gigabyte H370M D3H LGA1151v2, Intel H370. 

3. Memory - Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 2x8GB DDR4 3200MHz CL16 Kit 

4. SSD - Samsung 860 EVO Series MZ-76E500B 500GB SSD SATA III. 

5. Case - Corsair Carbide 275R Tempered Glass Mid-Tower Case Black

PS. the price for all of these parts is $1140. I'm not going higher than that. 

Thanks in advance. 

2 minutes ago, Mahajna said:

So I will be upgrading my pc next week.. i currently have i3 4160 with 16gb ddr3 ram, I Recently bought a new GPU: GTX 1080Ti with PSU 850W. 

These are the prats I'm going to get, would like to know if my choice is good or i need to change something. 

1. CPU - Intel Core i7 8700K 3.7Ghz 12MB Cache s1151v2 - Box 

2. M.Board - Gigabyte H370M D3H LGA1151v2, Intel H370. 

3. Memory - Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 2x8GB DDR4 3200MHz CL16 Kit 

4. SSD - Samsung 860 EVO Series MZ-76E500B 500GB SSD SATA III. 

5. Case - Corsair Carbide 275R Tempered Glass Mid-Tower Case Black

PS. the price for all of these parts is $1140. I'm not going higher than that. 

Thanks in advance. 

You need to go a bit higher and I'll tell you why.

Your CPU and GPU are overclockable so you'll be wanting to do that. That H board won't be able to overclock your CPU so go with a Z board if you want the full benefit of your hardware. Nothing against Gigabyte but I don't feel like their quality is top notch.

Everyone praises the CPU and GPU, but your motherboard powers and controls everything so don't cheap out on it. The EVGA Z370 FTW is currently only $120 USD and it's a really solid board.

Go for Asrock, MSI, ASUS, EVGA Z motherboards.

Other than that though it seems like a really solid build. Don't forget to include cooling. Maybe a Noctua air cooling system or an AIO like the h100 V2 or h115i.

Sorry but if you're going to have nice hardware don't have it die on you just to save a couple of bucks 

4 minutes ago, DVA said:

You need to go a bit higher and I'll tell you why.

Your CPU and GPU are overclockable so you'll be wanting to do that. That H board won't be able to overclock your CPU so go with a Z board if you want the full benefit of your hardware. Nothing against Gigabyte but I don't feel like their quality is top notch.

Everyone praises the CPU and GPU, but your motherboard powers and controls everything so don't cheap out on it. The EVGA Z370 FTW is currently only $120 USD and it's a really solid board.

Go for Asrock, MSI, ASUS, EVGA Z motherboards.

Other than that though it seems like a really solid build. Don't forget to include cooling. Maybe a Noctua air cooling system or an AIO like the h100 V2 or h115i.

Sorry but if you're going to have nice hardware don't have it die on you just to save a couple of bucks 

Got you. Thanks, so i did a little search and found this Mboard: Asus Prime Z370-P LGA1151v2, What do you think about it

About cooling, is it really necessary to include liquid cooling? or cpu temp will go high, if so what about Corsair Hydro H100x

Thanks

4 minutes ago, DVA said:

Noctua air coolers are amazing. Not only do they work well, but they are among the easiest to install/remove. That alone is worth the higher cost for me. 

6 minutes ago, Mahajna said:

Got you. Thanks, so i did a little search and found this Mboard: Asus Prime Z370-P LGA1151v2, What do you think about it

About cooling, is it really necessary to include liquid cooling? or cpu temp will go high, if so what about Corsair Hydro H100x

Thanks

You don't HAVE to include water cooling but does help a lot if you are overclocking. Noctua is a notorious air cooler that will keep most anything running cold. 

The board seems to be good, just note it doesn't support SLI (SLI is dead anyway). So you won't be able to fit another GPU in your build without swapping motherboards that does support it.

The AIO is alright, but it's by Corsair so I see no reason to not trust it. This is one is better though in my opinion and it is cheaper.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/CrDzK8/corsair-cpu-cooler-cw9060025ww

31 minutes ago, DVA said:

You don't HAVE to include water cooling but does help a lot if you are overclocking. Noctua is a notorious air cooler that will keep most anything running cold. 

The board seems to be good, just note it doesn't support SLI (SLI is dead anyway). So you won't be able to fit another GPU in your build without swapping motherboards that does support it.

The AIO is alright, but it's by Corsair so I see no reason to not trust it. This is one is better though in my opinion and it is cheaper.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/CrDzK8/corsair-cpu-cooler-cw9060025ww

Appreciate it. Thank you