4k TV not turning on.

TheRazerSurfacePro

So this is my first post on LTT forums, so please ignore any mistakes

My 4k Samsung tv, just yesterday turned off with no warning, it's 2 years old and the warranty is expired. So I opened the tv myself up and when it tries to turn on, the relay starts but then makes another sound (means there is some kind of problem) and turns off. I contacted the service center and the people came and told that tv had the backlit short. I didn't believe that and they told that it would cost about $100. Most probably I think it's the power supply capacitors, which I will try to change every single one.

My question is what will be the problem ?

Is it worth it repair it myself or should I spend $100 ?

1 hour ago, TheRazerSurfacePro said:

So this is my first post on LTT forums, so please ignore any mistakes

My 4k Samsung tv, just yesterday turned off with no warning, it's 2 years old and the warranty is expired. So I opened the tv myself up and when it tries to turn on, the relay starts but then makes another sound (means there is some kind of problem) and turns off. I contacted the service center and the people came and told that tv had the backlit short. I didn't believe that and they told that it would cost about $100. Most probably I think it's the power supply capacitors, which I will try to change every single one.

My question is what will be the problem ?

Is it worth it repair it myself or should I spend $100 ?

Give the $100, the backlight might very well have an issue, I really wouldn't start messing with PSU capacitors because you might very well short something even worse and get a fire.