Is this good enough for me For gaming?

MutesToCry

Hey, I've been surfing the web and looking through pawn shops, but I have not found any thing much for a desktop, until I stumbled into a Pawn Shop who just got a new desktop Last week for a HP Pavillion desktop with a i3 7th gen. When I looked it up it seemed to be the i3-7100 Dual core cpu clocked at 3.9 ghz. I asked the clerks there and they told me the Computer, Keyboard, Mice, and Monitor it came with were going for 300$ and I can put it on layaway. The store does it for 10% down payment. I wanted to ask if it was good enough for me to game on. I am planning on getting a GTX 970 for 130$ and the case can probably take it. 

Here is the complete  stats: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05556786

This is the list of games I play/going to play:

Fortnite
Overwatch

Dead By Daylight

Minecraft

Elsword

I dont plan to play AAA games like SoTTR or Destiny 2 I have a PS4 for that.

How much RAM and storage??? A dual core will be limiting but if you don't want to hassle searching for 4 core used Pentiums and compatible motherboards that seems fine for the games you will play. The 970 might be bottle necked but you won't miss out on much. Just make sure the keyboard, mice and monitor work well. The monitor should not have any dead pixels or a bad quality panel. 

6 minutes ago, MutesToCry said:

Hey, I've been surfing the web and looking through pawn shops, but I have not found any thing much for a desktop, until I stumbled into a Pawn Shop who just got a new desktop Last week for a HP Pavillion desktop with a i3 7th gen. When I looked it up it seemed to be the i3-7100 Dual core cpu clocked at 3.9 ghz. I asked the clerks there and they told me the Computer, Keyboard, Mice, and Monitor it came with were going for 300$ and I can put it on layaway. The store does it for 10% down payment. I wanted to ask if it was good enough for me to game on. I am planning on getting a GTX 970 for 130$ and the case can probably take it. 

Here is the complete  stats: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05556786 

This is the list of games I play/going to play:

Fortnite
Overwatch

Dead By Daylight

Minecraft

Elsword

I dont plan to play AAA games like SoTTR or Destiny 2 I have a PS4 for that.

The Dual Core CPU is gonna bottleneck many many games, so I wouldn't recommend going with it. 

1 minute ago, Tarun10 said:

How much RAM and storage??? A dual core will be limiting but if you don't want to hassle searching for 4 core used Pentiums and compatible motherboards that seems fine for the games you will play. The 970 might be bottle necked but you won't miss out on much. Just make sure the keyboard, mice and monitor work well. The monitor should not have any dead pixels or a bad quality panel. 

he has 8gb ram and 1tb hdd

The Desktop is at a local pawn shop and they make sure everything works before putting on display. I looked at it during the sign in page and there werent any dead pixels or anything. It has 8gb of DDR4 ram and the link i posted shows the configs and such because I got to find a pc that looks exactly like it and has an i3-7100 processor since when i saw it, it had a  i3 7th gen sticker on it

Well the store had other desktops but they were either Pentiums or too pricey (aka over 500$) Idk many Pentiums but this one seemed promising due to being 3.9ghz and being fairly recent.

1 minute ago, MutesToCry said:

The Desktop is at a local pawn shop and they make sure everything works before putting on display. I looked at it during the sign in page and there werent any dead pixels or anything. It has 8gb of DDR4 ram and the link i posted shows the configs and such because I got to find a pc that looks exactly like it and has an i3-7100 processor since when i saw it, it had a  i3 7th gen sticker on it

Don't trust the sticker, if you are willing do hunt a little on craigslist you can probably get a Quad Core Pentium for under 20$(maybe even free), a mobo for similar price or cheaper, a monitor for 40$, a case and PSU for under 40$, 8gb DDR4 RAM for around 60$(70-80 new), a 1TB HDD for 40$(new), and have about 80$ left over for a mouse and keyboard.

3 minutes ago, MutesToCry said:

Well the store had other desktops but they were either Pentiums or too pricey (aka over 500$) Idk many Pentiums but this one seemed promising due to being 3.9ghz and being fairly recent.

Its recent alright but its not meant for gaming at all. I bet my laptops i7-8550U could do better. It clocks 3.8 4 cores under load.

Funny thing is Tarun all of what you just posted still makes it 300$ and its a system I have to build. Honestly I built my own computer before and still have it honestly if this becomes to much of a prob ill just keep it and try upgrading a few components. I have an i5-2500k with a mobo that doesnt support OC. Still have base Stock cooler, maybe i can find a Z68 or a P67 somewhere. But still getting 970 for 130$ (its a steal btw) though its still DDR3 

That computer will not work with a 970 unless you upgrade the PSU. 970 TPD = 145W, that PSU = 180W.

That CPU is going to give you issues on most titles, I don't think you will have too much trouble for League of Legends, but anything more modern besides that will hit the bottleneck.  It may be a good machine for emulation, playing some older games mostly. I wouldn't invest into it even if I had just little money, because you will be left wanting a better CPU by the time you're paying for it, let alone in a year from now. The lack of discrete graphics means you will have to find a fitting GPU as well, costing you some time, if you want to play any game at a decent framerate.

Overall, I wouldn't buy it. I'd hold out gathering some more monies and purchase something that may be a bit more reliable.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 3 2200G 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($98.79 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: ASRock - B450M PRO4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($69.71 @ Newegg) 
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2800 Memory  ($67.98 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Inland - Professional 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($23.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($43.94 @ Amazon) 
Case: Rosewill - SRM-01 MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($26.99 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: Corsair - CX (2017) 450W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($45.00 @ Amazon) 
Total: $376.40
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-10-11 04:15 EDT-0400

You are better off getting this plus an R9 290x/390x/nano/fury

Edit: Yes i am aware this doesnt include monitor + etc. I just realized 2 min after posting

Well ok, plus looking up Z68, p67 motherboards for my i5-2500k from my current build, most of them go for 80-100$ anything lower then 80 us scetchy things that either dont work or from china. Though ill try to find some Mobo Ram combos for now

Oh and Gold, I tried to do a similar build to that but everyone in my area is selling their ryzens for like MSRP +40$ for some reason on every ryzen, plus Having issues with banks so i try to pick up locally. Though I forgot about PC partpicker

15 minutes ago, MutesToCry said:

Oh and Gold, I tried to do a similar build to that but everyone in my area is selling their ryzens for like MSRP +40$ for some reason on every ryzen, plus Having issues with banks so i try to pick up locally. Though I forgot about PC partpicker

Have you tried messaging them to lower their price. Arguing that age and current pricing the product should at least be 40$ below current retail price?

An 1tb HDD should be about 5-10$.

SSD you might aswell buy a new one for 24$. 

Well ill try I live in Illinois not many lower their prices for everyone, but meh anyway gtg

Should be "okay" for those games

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit