One fan too many? Rear exhaust unneccesary in my case?

akb8812

I have the Enthoo Pro M TG with two intake fans at the front and then two fans on a radiator mounted at the top exhausting air through the rad. CPU temps are great, GPU temps decent, could be better (50ish on a 1080Ti idling after a gaming session). I'm wondering if the rear exhaust fan is actually doing anything since I already have the 2 at the top.

Run some load tests with and without the fan. If the temperature stays the same, you can remove the fan.

hi.

Well you need positive air pressure in a case to help transfer heat. Meaning you want more air pushed in than out. However I am curious why you put the rad fans as exaust and not on the intake? 

4 minutes ago, HotShot_01 said:

Well you need positive air pressure in a case to help transfer heat. Meaning you want more air pushed in than out. However I am curious why you put the rad fans as exaust and not on the intake?  

I originally had the rad at the front with a push pull configuration. However the GPU wasn't getting as much air as I wanted with that configuration so I put it up top and had the intake fans blow right onto the GPU or close to it at least.
For what it's worth I'm getting just as good or even better CPU temps with the rad at top exhausting than I was with it intaking.

Rear exhaust fan would help exhaust some of the heated air from the graphics card and keep it from going through the CPU radiator but would sacrifice some airflow through the radiator.  It would probably be best to have it though.