General problem with Corsair AX850 and AX860?

AureusPhoenix

Hi everyone,

I have some trouble with several Corsair power supplies. A few years back, after my AX850 was about 1-2 years old, my PC was suddenly not booting anymore. First, unplugging it, waiting for a few minutes, and trying again alleviated the problem. After nothing worked anymore, I got a replacement unit (AX860) from Corsair, which works since then. However, a friend of mine who I recommended the AX860 to has the same issues. And now for the second time. She got a replacement for her first AX860 about a year ago. Now, the new one has the same issue. The PC simply does not boot at all. Also, the internal button on her Asus mainboard doesn't do the trick.

Can anyone tell me if this is a general problem with those power supplies? Is there a trick to solve the problem? It seems to happen way too often to be a coincidence.

Thanks a lot and best regards.

2 hours ago, AureusPhoenix said:

Can anyone tell me if this is a general problem with those power supplies? Is there a trick to solve the problem? It seems to happen way too often to be a coincidence.

Its a Seasonic!!11

It can't possibly fail, its a Seasonic!!111

Jokes aside, you read many people having Problems with the reliability with this Seasonic Plattform for whatever reason.

And some people working for stores mention that some Seasonic made units might have an unusually desastarous failure rate after a couple of years.

Can't confirm, so take this with a grain of salt...

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

Sounds like a motherboard issue.

jump start it and check the voltage on the 3.3 sense (or signal) and the SB wire

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB