Connecting USB Drive Between 2 PCs

Hey guys

I have this very annoying issue. I have CNC machine and work station next to it. The CNC machine has its own built in computer Windows XP. The issue is that the CNC machine does not want to connect to internet so every time I wanna cut something I have to post an .nc file on a flash drive then unplug it from workstation and plug it in CNC machine and then open and send to cut. I tried several ways of direct connections with USB cables and stuff, but nothing worked. I wonder if there is some kind of USB hub where you can plug in your flash drive and plug in to two different computers at the same time and both of them to read the flash drive without any switch buttons. Or any kind of share system where I can post on 1 computer and then open in another one without extra work

Hope somebody can help...

Thanks in advance!

what you describe is exactly what a network card would be for and could also be done for example via wifi.

if the machine won't connect to the internet they make usb network cards that'll fix the network issue

you aren't going to find any drives that connect two machines as that is a networking task not a usb task

6 minutes ago, emosun said:

if the machine won't connect to the internet they make usb network cards that'll fix the network issue

you aren't going to find any drives that connect two machines as that is a networking task not a usb task

any specific example of USB network card? it needs to work on Windows XP, its the only system the machine works on

You can also try sharing a drive in a network, of course that involves a drive to be connected to the XP machine and then shared so the rest of devices can see it, then put your files there so anyone in the network can see it. Sharing a folder in the network is basically the same as stated above, and yes it can be done wirelessly, so while one drive is connected to the XP machine via USB cable the rest are connected to the same drive wirelessly, you can check this one out if you interested, this drive offers that functionality and doesn't require like a lot of set up: https://www.seagate.com/consumer/backup/wireless-plus/

Seagate Technology | Official Forums Team

IronWolf Drives for NAS Applications - SkyHawk Drives for Surveillance Applications - BarraCuda Drives for PC & Gaming