how far could you push it on the stock cooler? should get you a bit even though its just a fancy aluminium extrusion. if you think its the thermals that are holding you back the most then id get something from Artic cooling, like the Accelero Mono or the TwinTurbo(which makes your card take up about 4 slots, one up and two and a bit down)

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

1 minute ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

how far could you push it on the stock cooler? should get you a bit even though its just a fancy aluminium extrusion. if you think its the thermals that are holding you back the most then id get something from Artic cooling, like the Accelero Mono or the TwinTurbo(which makes your card take up about 4 slots, one up and two and a bit down)

Thanks for the quick response, This is my first time attempting to water cool or look into it, and haven't even took apart a gpu yet, i tried pushing it with the stock cooler and it just seemed to not push how i'd like i was getting The clock clock speed to about 40MHz and 100 on the Memory Clock speed on MSI Afterburner with my gpu fan around 60% which was around the sound i prefered.

5 minutes ago, Gotham said:

I was wondering if someone can help me find the parts to gpu cool a EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 GAMING, ACX 2.0 (Single Fan) Due to me wanting to overclock it and wanting to keep the temperature down. I use a Corsair Carbide Series 275R Tempered Glass Mid-Tower Gaming Case White

i had an arctic accelero twin turbo on my 1050ti that allowed me to push the card to its limits and then some, the accelero mono would be a perfect choice for that low profile card as even the 2 fan version i had was too long for my card and stuck out off the side, forcing me to get a GPU support but if i had gotten the mono i wouldnt need it 

9 minutes ago, Gotham said:

I was wondering if someone can help me find the parts to gpu cool a EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 GAMING, ACX 2.0 (Single Fan) Due to me wanting to overclock it and wanting to keep the temperature down. I use a Corsair Carbide Series 275R Tempered Glass Mid-Tower Gaming Case White

you could also get a cheap corsair AIO i think the corsair 55 or something is the one that fits the NZXT G12 bracket for GPU cooling 

Just now, Gotham said:

Thanks for the quick response, This is my first time attempting to water cool or look into it, and haven't even took apart a gpu yet, i tried pushing it with the stock cooler and it just seemed to not push how i'd like i was getting The clock clock speed to about 40MHz and 100 on the Memory Clock speed on MSI Afterburner with my gpu fan around 60% which was around the sound i prefered.

have you raised the power limit to max? used any extra voltage? i cant say its worth it to watercool that card, you would be buying into a block that will only go on one card where as if you just go with a really nice air cooler like the ones i suggested you could throw them on anything. 

so far you have barely overclocked the card tbh, it should go much further unless its a complete dud

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

1 minute ago, Nogghan said:

i had an arctic accelero twin turbo on my 1050ti that allowed me to push the card to its limits and then some, the accelero mono would be a perfect choice for that low profile card as even the 2 fan version i had was too long for my card and stuck out off the side, forcing me to get a GPU support but if i had gotten the mono i wouldnt need it 

Do you mind sending me a link to what i'd be exactly looking for, this would be adding onto my second build and hopefully its water cooled(prefered)

1 minute ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

have you raised the power limit to max? used any extra voltage? i cant say its worth it to watercool that card, you would be buying into a block that will only go on one card where as if you just go with a really nice air cooler like the ones i suggested you could throw them on anything. 

so far you have barely overclocked the card tbh, it should go much further unless its a complete dud

i raised the power and temp limit, and do you mind sending me a link to the product i'm clueless on what would make sense or would be over kill or not.

2 minutes ago, Gotham said:

i raised the power and temp limit, and do you mind sending me a link to the product i'm clueless on what would make sense or would be over kill or not.

the accelero twin turbo i had on my 1050ti was VERY MUCH overkill but i wanted it to be, getting the mono would be what id reccomend as these arctic coolers are damn near silent ( and both are 200-250W TDP i think both are 250 actually), and if you want to spend like 2.5x the amount of a mono cooler get the watercooling bracket from NZXT and the cheap H55 cooler 

the accelero twin turbo i had on my 1050ti was VERY MUCH overkill but i wanted it to be, getting the mono would be what id reccomend as these arctic coolers are damn near silent, and if you want to spend like 2.5x the amount of a mono cooler get the watercooling bracket from NZXT and the cheap H55 cooler 

Mono it is thank you so much Nogghan 

Just now, Gotham said:

you can check out all their product here:  https://www.arctic.ac/eu_en/products/cooling/vga.html

I have used the TwinTurbo III on my GTX 970 and it was wisper quiet and something like 10c cooler, i dont remember what the stock temps were but with that cooler it wouldnt go over 51C at any time which was awesome and i have also used the Xtreme IV on an R9 290 and thats been quite nice aswell although not as quiet and not as cool(as that card runns hot as hell lol). I had the first model of the S series on an 8800GT aswell and that was also pretty nice.

for you id recomend either the TwinTurbo or the Mono, they are both great picks for a lower heat output card and should do plenty for temperature

Builds:

Spoiler

the accelero twin turbo i had on my 1050ti was VERY MUCH overkill but i wanted it to be, getting the mono would be what id reccomend as these arctic coolers are damn near silent, and if you want to spend like 2.5x the amount of a mono cooler get the watercooling bracket from NZXT and the cheap H55 cooler 

Now will i only need thermal paste? Will i need anything special to take gpu covers off?

Just now, Gotham said:

Mono it is thank you so much Nogghan 

the reason i wanted overkill was because on my 1050ti if i dont OC too hard i can run it 100% passively and its still cooler than the stock heatsink 

Just now, Gotham said:

Now will i only need thermal paste? Will i need anything special to take gpu covers off?

no the accelero coolers come with preapplied MX-4 which is already high quality paste i use it my self, and you only need a screwdriver to remove the old heatsink, just the 4 screw near the core and the old heatsinks should pop right off, you can also look on youtube for your model of 1060 from EVGA theres almost certainly a teardown video showing you how to disassemble the card safely 

3 minutes ago, Gotham said:

you will need a philips screwdriver and thats probably it. the cooler comes with good paste already applied

Builds:

Spoiler

also GPUs dont  have covers they are direct die contact 

one last thing, its not the same size screw driver as your regular case screws its a small screw, so make sure you have an appropriately sized one that wont strip screws

Just now, Nogghan said:

also GPUs dont  have covers they are direct die contact 

Just now, Bananasplit_00 said:

you will need a philips screwdriver and thats probably it. the cooler comes with good paste already applied

Thank You both! 

Just now, Nogghan said:

one last thing, its not the same size screw driver as your regular case screws its a small screw, so make sure you have an appropriately sized one that wont strip screws

Any suggested Size? or kit?

4 minutes ago, Gotham said:

Any suggested Size? or kit?

I use these 2, the large one is for scale 

15389539111514784065489646923232.jpg

Just now, Nogghan said:

I use these 2, the large one is for scale 

15389539111514784065489646923232.jpg

Okay then i should be fine worst comes to worst will borrow my brothers phone screen repair toolkit