Reinstalling Windows

SirGeneral
Go to solution Solved by Hewie,

I cant remember if this is possible or not as windows need to format the drive it is being installed on. if you have an old drive laying around move all your games onto it and then reinstall windows.

Do check however in the windows installer tool: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/Windows10

boot of that, it may let you install it on a partition without formatting the drive.

I need to reinstall windows because I got some joystick to keyboard/mouse application and deleted it but its still messing with my controller, can I store Steam in a separate C:\ partition without the reinstall removing Steam?

heck.

I cant remember if this is possible or not as windows need to format the drive it is being installed on. if you have an old drive laying around move all your games onto it and then reinstall windows.

Do check however in the windows installer tool: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/Windows10

boot of that, it may let you install it on a partition without formatting the drive.

Reinstalling Windows because one application? And not malware but normal app? It's probably new record. What "messing with controller" means and what is applicatiin name? You'll have much less problems if you fix one small problem with one small app. If some ghost, unwanted drivers are left, use Ghostbuster tool to remove them.

4 minutes ago, homeap5 said:

Reinstalling Windows because one application? And not malware but normal app? It's probably new record. What "messing with controller" means and what is applicatiin name? You'll have much less problems if you fix one small problem with one small app. If some ghost, unwanted drivers are left, use Ghostbuster tool to remove them.

Yeah, try a removing software like GB before uninstalling. also always backup windows when installing new drivers.