Maximus VI Hero Q code question + Cpu Failure to post

DJHoro

So Im pretty sure my cpu died on me and I dont know the reason. I tried different motherboards, ram, cases, PSU, unplugging Drives etc. PC wont post and just turns on and reboots. I narrowed it down to the only part I cant test which is the CPU (No spares). My Asus Maximus VI Hero gives me Q Codes 13, 15 and then 03 really quick before it reboots (no post) and manual says  13 means Pre - Memory CPU Initialization is started, 15 is Pre - Memory System agent Initialization is started and 3 is System agent Initialization before Microcode loading. I have no idea what the hell those mean lol. I was wondering if you guys can give me some insight as to what these codes translate to with the information given...in simple terms. Ill post my setup below and help is appreciated!

CPU: i7 4770k

Case: NZXT Phantom 530

PSU: Corsair cx750m

Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero

Ram: Corsair Vengeance 1600 cas9 2x4GB

GPU: SLI GTX 650 TI Boost Twin Frzr III

Drives: 128GB Agility 4 SSD + 2x 2TB Seagate Barracudas

OS - Windows 8.1

Oh and everything is within 2 months old.

If you have tried different motherboards with different RAM and GPU then it is the CPU. If you have tried with the same RAM/GPU it could be the RAM. Test your board with only the CPU, see if you can get it to POST.

CPU: i7-3930K @ 4.8GHz MOBO: IV Gene RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 1866MHz GPU: GTX 780 Ti CASE: Corsair 350D STORAGE: 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256 GB, 2x WD Red 4TB
PSU
: EVGA SuperNova 650W DISPLAY: 1 x ASUS VG248QE, 3 x Dell U2414H COOLING: Corsair H100i INPUT: Corsair Vengeance K70, SteelSeries Sensei AUDIO: Sennheiser HD 280 Pro, ATH-M50s, Beredynamic DT770 Pro, Steelseries H Wireless

If you have tried different motherboards with different RAM and GPU then it is the CPU. If you have tried with the same RAM/GPU it could be the RAM. Test your board with only the CPU, see if you can get it to POST.

Tried different ram with CPU but it still doesnt post. Also tried removing gpus and only having the mobo + cpu + ram plugged in and same thing. Pretty sure its CPU so im getting RMA ready on New Egg. Iron Egg guarantee gives me until Jan 31 which is good. Only problem is the clamps where the CPU locks was tight on the mobos I tried and its a little scratched where it clamps down. I emailed them to see if its still ok to send in so im hoping they aren't jerks about it lol.

Tried different ram with CPU but it still doesnt post. Also tried removing gpus and only having the mobo + cpu + ram plugged in and same thing. Pretty sure its CPU so im getting RMA ready on New Egg. Iron Egg guarantee gives me until Jan 31 which is good. Only problem is the clamps where the CPU locks was tight on the mobos I tried and its a little scratched where it clamps down. I emailed them to see if its still ok to send in so im hoping they aren't jerks about it lol.

Shouldn't have told them anything....now they can potentially use that against you (they probably wont). You never ever cop to their being damage to a component even if superficial when trying to get a RMA.

CPU: i7-3930K @ 4.8GHz MOBO: IV Gene RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 1866MHz GPU: GTX 780 Ti CASE: Corsair 350D STORAGE: 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256 GB, 2x WD Red 4TB
PSU
: EVGA SuperNova 650W DISPLAY: 1 x ASUS VG248QE, 3 x Dell U2414H COOLING: Corsair H100i INPUT: Corsair Vengeance K70, SteelSeries Sensei AUDIO: Sennheiser HD 280 Pro, ATH-M50s, Beredynamic DT770 Pro, Steelseries H Wireless

Shouldn't have told them anything....now they can potentially use that against you (they probably wont). You never ever cop to their being damage to a component even if superficial when trying to get a RMA.

I was hesitant too but last time I RMA'd a broken cooling kit and they said I broke it since the radiator vents where bent weird (didnt tell them anything). It actually came that way...so I had to call them to argue with them. jajlkajldjaldajda now im worried :(