Laptop not booting up.

Someone local is selling a laptop cheaply that wont boot past the inital black screen. (see photos). 

I used to trouble shooting desktops, but whats it like with laptops.

Is it going to be an easy fix or hard?

Don't really want to buy if its going to be a massive headache. 

https://gyazo.com/c84de6738269e33dfd31d8afecbee49e

Laptop is an acer V3-112P

check bios, make sure it shows an storage device if not its probably HDD/SSD that is dead.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

6 minutes ago, Levent said:

check bios, make sure it shows an storage device if not its probably HDD/SSD that is dead.

I'm fine with trying to boot from another hard drive and checking BIOS. Is there a chance its related to something else?

If I end up buying it, I'll be sure to try this first.

I dont have the laptop on me as I dont own it yet. 

Just now, theunnamedgamer said:

I'm fine with trying to boot from another hard drive and checking BIOS. Is there a chance its related to something else?

If I end up buying it, I'll be sure to try this first.

I dont have the laptop on me as I dont own it yet. 

I believe this is called network boot, on my laptop it only comes when there are no devices to boot from, no clue if this can be caused something else.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

16 minutes ago, SSinghNet said:

According to the error message it is trying to boot to a drive that doesn't exist, so I would assume you just need to do a simple fix in the bios.

17 minutes ago, Levent said:

I believe this is called network boot, on my laptop it only comes when there are no devices to boot from, no clue if this can be caused something else.

Thanks for the help.I'll go visit them and buy the laptop. 

Well, definitely don't buy something unless it's working or you KNOW you can fix it. Btw, you don't have to get into an OS to look at the BIOS. Also, try booting to Linux via USB.

Rest In Peace my old signature...                  September 11th 2018 ~ December 26th 2018

23 hours ago, theunnamedgamer said:

Someone local is selling a laptop cheaply that wont boot past the inital black screen. (see photos). 

I used to trouble shooting desktops, but whats it like with laptops.

Is it going to be an easy fix or hard?

Don't really want to buy if its going to be a massive headache. 

https://gyazo.com/c84de6738269e33dfd31d8afecbee49e

Laptop is an acer V3-112P

You are quite literally contradicting yourself. You are going out of your way to buy a headache.

If you do buy it, consider it as a pile of parts. If you can fix it great, if not you won't be disappointed. However not a good idea to buy if you need a functioning machine.

It may be an easy fix, but liquid damage is super common and can present with weird problems.

Edit:

It was booting in the wrong mode. Literally fixed it in the car on the way home from picking it up. 

On 10/2/2018 at 8:06 PM, markr54632 said:

You are quite literally contradicting yourself. You are going out of your way to buy a headache.

If you do buy it, consider it as a pile of parts. If you can fix it great, if not you won't be disappointed. However not a good idea to buy if you need a functioning machine.

It may be an easy fix, but liquid damage is super common and can present with weird problems.

That's essentially why I bought it. 

I knew if I couldn't fix it, I could sell individual parts easy enough.