hard drive failure

byshy

I'm just curious to know what could happen if one of my hard drives is accidentally unplugged in my pc (I have two)
could this destroy both of them ? 

Usually not, windows just blue screens, but if it's in the middle of doing something critical, it could corrupt the hard drive. 

3 minutes ago, dverma1232 said:

Usually not, windows just blue screens, but if it's in the middle of doing something critical, it could corrupt the hard drive. 

maybe on the os drive but you can unplug other drives while the machine is running , we aren't using IDE or SCSI anymore lol

2 minutes ago, emosun said:

maybe on the os drive but you can unplug other drives while the machine is running , we aren't using IDE or SCSI anymore lol

? well, I'm still a noob in computer hardware so bare with me ? 
the OS drive is secured but I have a caddy with 1tb HDD and I'm afraid of it dying on me one day (the caddy) 
and thank you this pretty much answers my question 

10 minutes ago, dverma1232 said:

oh! thank you ?

in college one of my peers had this old beaten up laptop that he "dual-booted" by quite literally swapping the hard drive while the thing was still running. he did this for about half a year before the laptop finally gave up the ghost.

1 minute ago, manikyath said:

in college one of my peers had this old beaten up laptop that he "dual-booted" by quite literally swapping the hard drive while the thing was still running. he did this for about half a year before the laptop finally gave up the ghost.

lol ?? now that's good news 

35 minutes ago, emosun said:

Oh yea, forgot to mention only for is drive