What is the best micro atx motherboard?

So I'm planning on making a small pc build made for the sole purpose of playing Rocket League with 4 player split-screen. I'll be using 4 wired ps4 controllers. Basically I'm trying to make a console(ish) sized pc. I have an FX-8350 that's just laying around and want to give it a final home (DISCLAIMER: I am NOT planning on overclocking it and will in fact be UNDER-clocking it, most likely starting at 3GHz). I have an extra ssd and 8GB DDR3 RAM stick that I can use. I've already pick out the remaining parts (see list below). My question is what would be the best motherboard for this purpose? Should I spend a little extra on the motherboard? Could I "cheap" out on it? I tried looking for a mini atx board but those are apparently non-existent for AMD but if you find one let me know so I can get a smaller case since I want a small pc that I can take to LAN parties, etc. 

The motherboard I'm planning on defaulting to is here just in case this post doesn't yield any results. What do you think?
MB: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813145049&cm_re=am3_micro_atx_motherboard-_-13-145-049-_-Product

GFX: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814487295&ignorebbr=1&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC-_-pla-_-Video+Card+-+Nvidia-_-N82E16814487295&gclid=Cj0KCQjw3KzdBRDWARIsAIJ8TMQP9Z_uHvvy6enz20khDP6WGqaSiJVSAWbn_LlKFV99Kz3cp114f-4aAuVlEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

PSU: https://www.amazon.com/EVGA-BRONZE-Supply-Warranty-100-B1-0500-KR/dp/B00DZ6R9GE/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1537950265&sr=8-4&keywords=500w+power+supply+pc

CASE: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811353063&ignorebbr=1&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC-_-pla-_-Cases+%28Computer+Cases+-+ATX+Form%29-_-N82E16811353063&gclid=Cj0KCQjw3KzdBRDWARIsAIJ8TMQUtPzU2-dCh_v55biviKGMoe30JlEMCOcU7q0yX-lMKrtzfF6snfMaAlR_EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

2 minutes ago, tito9107 said:

I have an FX-8350(DISCLAIMER: I am NOT planning on overclocking it and will in fact be UNDER-clocking it, most likely starting at 3GHz).

FX chips are bad enough in this day and age, underclocking isn't going to help your performance at all. I would just leave it at stock settings with a decent cooler.

There are a lot of mATX motherboards for AM3+ out there, they're all pretty decent.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

6 minutes ago, tito9107 said:

So I'm planning on making a small pc build made for the sole purpose of playing Rocket League with 4 player split-screen. I'll be using 4 wired ps4 controllers. Basically I'm trying to make a console(ish) sized pc. I have an FX-8350 that's just laying around and want to give it a final home (DISCLAIMER: I am NOT planning on overclocking it and will in fact be UNDER-clocking it, most likely starting at 3GHz). I have an extra ssd and 8GB DDR3 RAM stick that I can use. I've already pick out the remaining parts (see list below). My question is what would be the best motherboard for this purpose? Should I spend a little extra on the motherboard? Could I "cheap" out on it? I tried looking for a mini atx board but those are apparently non-existent for AMD but if you find one let me know so I can get a smaller case since I want a small pc that I can take to LAN parties, etc. 

The motherboard I'm planning on defaulting to is here just in case this post doesn't yield any results. What do you think?
MB: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813145049&cm_re=am3_micro_atx_motherboard-_-13-145-049-_-Product

GFX: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814487295&ignorebbr=1&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC-_-pla-_-Video+Card+-+Nvidia-_-N82E16814487295&gclid=Cj0KCQjw3KzdBRDWARIsAIJ8TMQP9Z_uHvvy6enz20khDP6WGqaSiJVSAWbn_LlKFV99Kz3cp114f-4aAuVlEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

PSU: https://www.amazon.com/EVGA-BRONZE-Supply-Warranty-100-B1-0500-KR/dp/B00DZ6R9GE/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1537950265&sr=8-4&keywords=500w+power+supply+pc

CASE: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811353063&ignorebbr=1&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC-_-pla-_-Cases+(Computer+Cases+-+ATX+Form)-_-N82E16811353063&gclid=Cj0KCQjw3KzdBRDWARIsAIJ8TMQUtPzU2-dCh_v55biviKGMoe30JlEMCOcU7q0yX-lMKrtzfF6snfMaAlR_EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

If you are tying to build a true console sized pc m-atx will be too big. Most m-atx cases are essentially midtowers with fewer pcie slots in the case. Mini-itx is the way to go for small sized cases unless you find something that'll complement your setup wherever it might be.

For your gfx card I'd recommend finding a cooler that isn't a sunflower design. Simply because for a few extra bucks you'll have a cooler (and therefore quieter) card. for the 1050 it might not matter but I'm not sure

Daily Driver: Asus ROG Flow X13 - 5900HS/3050 Ti

Primary Desktop: NCase M1 - 5800X3D/RX 6950XT

Travel PC: Fractal Terra - 5800X/RTX 3060 Ti

I have too many computers. List here.

5 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

FX chips are bad enough in this day and age, underclocking isn't going to help your performance at all. I would just leave it at stock settings with a decent cooler.

There are a lot of mATX motherboards for AM3+ out there, they're all pretty decent.

I'll be using the stock cooler. I'm going to under-clock it just as a precaution and will slowly bring it up later. So the MB I have in the list is fine you think?

2 minutes ago, tito9107 said:

I'll be using the stock cooler. I'm going to under-clock it just as a precaution and will slowly bring it up later. So the MB I have in the list is fine you think?

Yeah, that'll be fine.

I wouldn't recommend the stock cooler, you'll want at least a Hyper 212 to combat the amount of heat that CPU kicks out.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

19 minutes ago, ShadowChaser said:

If you are tying to build a true console sized pc m-atx will be too big. Most m-atx cases are essentially midtowers with fewer pcie slots in the case. Mini-itx is the way to go for small sized cases unless you find something that'll complement your setup wherever it might be.

For your gfx card I'd recommend finding a cooler that isn't a sunflower design. Simply because for a few extra bucks you'll have a cooler (and therefore quieter) card. for the 1050 it might not matter but I'm not sure

The case that I have picked out seems to be the smallest I can find and I'm also stuck with using the fx 8350. Do you know of any smaller cases that I could use? Making the pc truly console sized isn't my biggest priority, just something to work off of.

18 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Yeah, that'll be fine.

I wouldn't recommend the stock cooler, you'll want at least a Hyper 212 to combat the amount of heat that CPU kicks out.

Ok, thanks.

I'll see about the cooler once I finalize what case I'm getting.

On 9/30/2018 at 5:46 PM, tito9107 said:

The case that I have picked out seems to be the smallest I can find and I'm also stuck with using the fx 8350. Do you know of any smaller cases that I could use? Making the pc truly console sized isn't my biggest priority, just something to work off of.

It'll have to depend on your area. Most mini-itx cases are smaller than micro-atx, though you'll be giving up most of your pcie slots, hard drives, and other nice to haves like a spacious case :P

Daily Driver: Asus ROG Flow X13 - 5900HS/3050 Ti

Primary Desktop: NCase M1 - 5800X3D/RX 6950XT

Travel PC: Fractal Terra - 5800X/RTX 3060 Ti

I have too many computers. List here.