240hz vs 144hz

|Azureks|
Go to solution Solved by Zandvliet,
3 hours ago, |Azureks| said:

Hi,

So i am getting a new monitor, since i got kinda disappointed in my new 1440p 144hz monitor.

I am therefor going back to 1080p.

The question is. Is 240hz worth the extra money? or should i insted by myself a 144hz and use the spare cash on a new mic? (i really felt the jump from 60 to 144, will i do the same to 240?)

One of the only games i can reach 240 fps in is CS:GO, which i do play a fair amount, but less and less.

The 240hz monitor i have been looking at is the Asus ROG Swift PG258Q

And i havent spend time looking at any 144hz monitors since there are so many, so i would really appreciate recommendations. 

Specs (if important)

GPU - GTX 1070 MSI

CPU - i5 6600K

Thank you!

Why are you disappointed in the 1440p 144hz? What other type of games do you play? If only shooters, get the 240. I personally have the Asus MG278Q (which is 1440p 144hz) and love it.

Hi,

So i am getting a new monitor, since i got kinda disappointed in my new 1440p 144hz monitor.

The question is. Is 240hz worth the extra money? or should i insted by myself a 144hz and use the spare cash on a new mic? (i really felt the jump from 60 to 144, will i do the same to 240?)

One of the only games i can reach 240 fps in is CS:GO, which i do play a fair amount, but less and less.

And i havent spend time looking at any 144hz monitors since there are so many, so i would really appreciate recommendations. 

Specs (if important)

GPU - GTX 1070 MSI

CPU - i5 6600K

Thank you!

CS:GO at 240fps is so amazing.

But only if you play alot which you said you'd play less and less 144fps is amazing in any game and is obviously more achieveable.

i'd go for the 144hz display since your playing it less and less.

I may be wrong.

33 minutes ago, Altruist said:

CS:GO at 240fps is so amazing.

forget the mic.

Thank you for the quick respond! CS:GO at 240 fps with a 240hz monitor does sound pleasing ^^

43 minutes ago, |Azureks| said:

Thank you for the quick respond! CS:GO at 240 fps with a 240hz monitor does sound pleasing ^^

it is. :D

sorry for late reply.

but if you other games i'd go 144hz since it easier over the board, and cheaper :D

I may be wrong.

8 minutes ago, Altruist said:

it is. :D

sorry for late reply.

but if you other games i'd go 144hz since it easier over the board, and cheaper :D

Dont worry about it ^^ 

And that is why i do not know which one to choose... I play alot of CS:GO. However, also alot of other games, so do not know what to pick...

3 hours ago, |Azureks| said:

Hi,

Specs (if important)

GPU - GTX 1070 MSI

CPU - i5 6600K

Thank you!

Why are you disappointed in the 1440p 144hz? What other type of games do you play? If only shooters, get the 240. I personally have the Asus MG278Q (which is 1440p 144hz) and love it.

"To the wise, life is a problem; to the fool, a solution" (Marcus Aurelius)

57 minutes ago, Zandvliet said:

I got the Dell S2716DG, where i just was all-around dissapointed in the 1440p, not in the 144hz, that was amazing.

I literally only play shooters, so thank you for the advice, I think imma get the 240hz one. ^^