Poster Printer over Ethernet in VirtualMachine

FaiL___

Hi, my Dad's got a big poster printer as he is starting a new business. He only has a Mac Mini and a MacBook, and the printer's drivers were only supported on the past release of MacOS, so he cannot use the printer with it, the drivers are available on Windows 10 however, so I've installed a virtual machine on the mac and loaded it with windows 10. My question is, the printer's only port is ethernet, so will the virtual machine recognise it as a printer, even if the host machine (the mac) doesn't? Cheers in advance.

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.

26 minutes ago, FaiL___ said:

Cheers in advance.

It should. Depending on the VM used, ethernet and associated traffic should be passed through via software and you should be install said printer.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

12 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

It should. Depending on the VM used, ethernet and associated traffic should be passed through via software and you should be install said printer.

Thanks dude, going to give it a try today.

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.

You need to set the VM to use the ethernet adapter as a Bridged adapter for it to work correctly. You can also try the NAT option as well if Bridged mode doesn't work.

Workstation:

Intel Core i7 6700K | AMD Radeon R9 390X | 16 GB RAM

Mobile Workstation:

MacBook Pro 15" (2017) | Intel Core i7 7820HQ | AMD Radeon Pro 560 | 16 GB RAM