Why it is stupid af to buy RTX cards now.

MrDodojo
3 hours ago, AngryBeaver said:

TBH I finally got my 2080ti in. I think I paid like 1350ish for the evga ultra and then another 300ish for the waterblock and backplate. I haven't even used it yet due to the fact I don't want to rip a 1080ti out only to to need to dissemble the loop again in a few weeks.

Then again I fully plan on picking up a 9900k when it releases. So I will probably just wait until then.

WHY? like no games will ever support it with directx rays

1 hour ago, MrDodojo said:

WHY? like no games will ever support it with directx rays

First you are making a lot of assumptions, For all we know the functionality will still be there. Worst case they need to release new drivers/firmware to add support for it.

Then there is the fact I have the disposable income for one and it doesn't break the bank for me. So if I have the means and want the performance boost then why does it matter or even concern you. If you don't feel it is worth it then don't spend the money or take the risk, but to say it is "stupid af" to buy one just seems like your trying to rationalize not having one. From my perspective ray tracing might be a cool new gimmick, but I am more interested in 80+ 4k ultra game play. I am hoping they push out some 4k Gsync projectors that can do 120ish FPS. I would buy one up in a heart beat.