Rendering Rig - Will This Be Enough?

I have the opportunity to get a used rig. I render and use modeling software alot, but am tired of using a weak laptop for it.  The specs for the potential PC are:

Specs:
CPU- i5-6400
PSU- 450W
Ram- 16gb ddr3
Graphics Card-  Asus GTX 770 (2gb of VRAM)
Motherboard- Unsure, its specific to this desktop. Simply says "M32CD"
Storage- 120gb SSD (which the OS is installed on), 500gb hdd
OS- Windows 10 Pro (activated)

Is this ok? Or too outdated? Do not know much about computers

9 minutes ago, IAmRelient said:

@Slottr asking for 300

Should be okay I suppose, but in order to stay up to date with the newest technologies and efficiencies, you may want to opt for a Polaris/Vega or Pascal based GPU. What's your price range and can you buy specific parts or do you have to buy everything in the build?

Edit: You may also want to replace the ssd with a 500gb one for fast scratch disk times and get a 1tb or higher modern (BRAND NEW) hard drive. You want your SSD and HDD to both be brand new, because their the part that breaks down the quickest over time. You also want to put your OS on that SSD alongside any current projects that you would want to work on that would benefit from fast response times.

9 minutes ago, IAmRelient said:

@Slottr asking for 300

See how low theyre willing to go, but honestly 300 isnt too too bad.

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

4 minutes ago, The_Askinator said:

Should be okay I suppose, but in order to stay up to date with the newest technologies and efficiencies, you may want to opt for a Polaris/Vega or Pascal based GPU. What's your price range and can you buy specific parts or do you have to buy everything in the build?

Edit: You may also want to replace the ssd with a 500gb one for fast scratch disk times and get a 1tb or higher modern (BRAND NEW) hard drive. You want your SSD and HDD to both be brand new, because their the part that breaks down the quickest over time.

I do not need to take everything from the build, he said I can choose what to keep.  What GPU would you suggest?

5 minutes ago, IAmRelient said:

I do not need to take everything from the build, he said I can choose what to keep.  What GPU would you suggest?

Depends how much you want to spend, but a 6GB 1060 or better would probably do you just fine.

The 770 is equivalent to a 1050ti if im not mistaken

Or you can just get the system for 300, itll do you fine for now, im sure.

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

1 minute ago, IAmRelient said:

It depends on your price range. The RX 580 has a lot of vram, so your computer will have a lot of caching room for anything. While if your budget is less, a 1050ti will also suffice. Either card will suffice. One thing tho, if you know a little about tech, you should 100% buy some new thermal paste and a new cooler, since this is an older cpu with basically no paste left. I recommend a Hyper 212 Evo so your computer can turbo up without throttling.

This deal looks pretty great. Despite the fact that the motherboard is one of the few that uses ddr3, it still has an m.2 slot, and an msata slot, so WiFi and high speed storage are available to you. Not any beefy power delivery, given the four pins for CPU power instead of 8, but for $300 this looks like an awesome deal.

As a rendering computer, upgrading it would help, but why not test drive it first to see if it's up to snuff.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

For 300 its a steal. For rendering its not really. A great cheap gaming rig but for rendering it will be pretty slow.  The i5 is not your friend in that case and the 770 could def be upgraded. Gaming i give it a 7/10 workloads and rendering  3/10

Price to performance 9/10