triple monitor question

doestilvoort

Hello,

I would like to know what the total resolution is of my monitor setup. I have two 1920x1080p monitors and in the center one 2560x1440p monitor. how do i add those 3 up?

The reason for that is i would like to have wallpapers that line up correctly, now it never lines up correct.

Just now, doestilvoort said:

Hello,

I would like to know what the total resolution is of my monitor setup. I have two 1920x1080p monitors and in the center one 2560x1440p monitor. how do i add those 3 up?

The reason for that is i would like to have wallpapers that line up correctly, now it never lines up correct.

Depends on the sizes of the monitor not really the resolution.

if the aspect ratio is the same on all display 16:9 which looking at the resolution they are, it should be a matter of chosing the correct settings on how your desktop background should be filled.

play around with stretched,fill or any of these settings

Positive Mental Additude!

Just another Tired IT guy...

2 minutes ago, FastRDust said:

Depends on the sizes of the monitor not really the resolution.

if the aspect ratio is the same on all display 16:9 which looking at the resolution they are, it should be a matter of chosing the correct settings on how your desktop background should be filled.

play around with stretched,fill or any of these settings

Ah sorry, yeah forgot to give the size. All three are 27 inch

Are they configured with Eyefinity or Surround software?

or just separate displays?

Positive Mental Additude!

Just another Tired IT guy...

3 minutes ago, FastRDust said:

Are they configured with Eyefinity or Surround software?

or just separate displays?

Just separate displays, Surround does not work because nvidia. 

Left is 1080p, middle 1440p, right 1080p

7 minutes ago, doestilvoort said:

Hello,

you can't calculate the total resolution for the 3 monitors you have because it's not a rectangle anymore.

hdfh.jpg.bdbfd9806af8d3e965f58d7b7ad6bb0f.jpg

it will be like this, it doesn't matter the sizes of those monitors, this is a demonstration of resolution.

sdfhs.jpg.7cf7a5950baef72d706289e6bd6d5312.jpg

it's 3rd grade geometry 

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

Your total resulution is (2x1920x1080) + (2560x1440).

You can go to NVIDIA Control Panel and set a custom resolution for the two 1920x1080 monitors to be a 2560x1440. Now there is many advantages to this but there are also some drawbacks.

Advantages are that both monitors will behave like the 1440p one and you will have bigger screen real estate but it wont look as nice as a true 1440p one.

Drawbacks are that some applications that dont like Windows scaling too much may look blurry and it will also cost a bit more performance of your GPU (really minimal hit). Depends on what kind of monitors you got, you may not be able to setup this custom resolution but most panels should handle it just fine.

If you can do it, then you can have all 3 monitors set to 2560x1440 and you should be also able to use the surround feature as long as the refresh rate is the same.

19 minutes ago, syn2112 said:

you can't calculate the total resolution for the 3 monitors you have because it's not a rectangle anymore.

hdfh.jpg.bdbfd9806af8d3e965f58d7b7ad6bb0f.jpg

it will be like this, it doesn't matter the sizes of those monitors, this is a demonstration of resolution.

sdfhs.jpg.7cf7a5950baef72d706289e6bd6d5312.jpg

it's 3rd grade geometry 

Oh oke thank you for the clarification. Did not know that one could not calculate the resolution then

14 minutes ago, WereCat said:

Your total resulution is (2x1920x1080) + (2560x1440).

You can go to NVIDIA Control Panel and set a custom resolution for the two 1920x1080 monitors to be a 2560x1440. Now there is many advantages to this but there are also some drawbacks.

Advantages are that both monitors will behave like the 1440p one and you will have bigger screen real estate but it wont look as nice as a true 1440p one.

Drawbacks are that some applications that dont like Windows scaling too much may look blurry and it will also cost a bit more performance of your GPU (really minimal hit). Depends on what kind of monitors you got, you may not be able to setup this custom resolution but most panels should handle it just fine.

If you can do it, then you can have all 3 monitors set to 2560x1440 and you should be also able to use the surround feature as long as the refresh rate is the same.

I will try that tonight thank you!

The refresh rate is not the same the middle is 144hz and the other two are the exact same monitors at 60hz. So surround would not work i guess?

3 hours ago, doestilvoort said:

Oh oke thank you for the clarification. Did not know that one could not calculate the resolution then

I will try that tonight thank you!

The refresh rate is not the same the middle is 144hz and the other two are the exact same monitors at 60hz. So surround would not work i guess?

Likely not... Unless you set the 144Hz to 60Hz.