ATI and Nvidia in one PC.

HunterSailor

Greetings everyone

System Info:

i7 6700, 16gb RAM, H170 Motherboard.

I just watched the video on LTT youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rxFxdvO3fQ So I was wondering whether I can use an ATI 7870 for rendering my games. My current graphics card is a GT440 (garbage) as I am saving for a new one and I had to use the GT440 because the ATI 7870 was rendering weird artifacts and black screens, at one point I couldn't go past the bios screen as well. No matter how many ATI drivers I changed I couldn't fix the problem. So connecting my monitor to the GT440, will I be able to use the 7870 for rendering games and being stable at that?

Keep it simple.

Sounds like something worth experimenting with, but given the unofficial nature of the software showcased, I don't think anyone could say for sure. I think the artifacts are a dying graphics card, and rendering on it will be what's causing the artifacts anyway.

Also, maybe the 7870 is a little on the old side, might be worth replacing with a single, working graphics card like a 1050 ti, considering how good the rest of your setup is.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, fasauceome said:

Sounds like something worth experimenting with, but given the unofficial nature of the software showcased, I don't think anyone could say for sure. I think the artifacts are a dying graphics card, and rendering on it will be what's causing the artifacts anyway.

Also, maybe the 7870 is a little on the old side, might be worth replacing with a single, working graphics card like a 1050 ti, considering how good the rest of your setup is.

I had a feeling it was a bad idea. *heavy sigh*

Keep it simple.

if you've got the hardware laying around anyways you may as well try.

that said, how about buying a "fresher" second hand card?

12 minutes ago, manikyath said:

if you've got the hardware laying around anyways you may as well try.

that said, how about buying a "fresher" second hand card?

I don't have any problem trying but I just don't want to waste a lot of time like the last time but let's see.

Can't find a good deal in used cards so I'm saving for a new card.

Keep it simple.

Just now, HunterSailor said:

I don't have any problem trying but I just don't want to waste a lot of time like the last time but let's see.

Can't find a good deal in used cards so I'm saving for a new card.

A budget of only $120 is needed for a 1050 ti off eBay, hopefully you can sell your old cards and get a little pocket change to get that. (Also be sure to filter for used graphics cards to get the scammers out!)

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

2 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

A budget of only $120 is needed for a 1050 ti off eBay, hopefully you can sell your old cards and get a little pocket change to get that. (Also be sure to filter for used graphics cards to get the scammers out!)

I'll look for one. Thanks.

Keep it simple.

1 minute ago, HunterSailor said:

I'll look for one. Thanks.

I actually just spied an MSI one recently

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F263956162490

Retail packaging is always a good sign.

Primary PC: