Q Code/Error Code A9?

Go to solution Solved by Fasauceome,
15 minutes ago, Falcon_569 said:

Well Yes that’s correct. Should I just ignore the error code then? All the fans are moving, things are lighting up on the motherboard, I think saw my 2 sticks of ram in the bios along with my SSD. I haven’t plugged in my HDD yet though. And I haven’t installed my windows 10 OS yet. But I just don’t like the error code “A9” 

many post codes just stay on during normal operation

I keep getting the error code “A9” on my motherboard and I have zero clue on how to fix it. I’ve tried resetting the CMOS and doing a bios flashback, but nothing is working.

I have a Asus Maximus X Hero, 8086k cpu, Dark rock pro 4 cpu cooler, HX1000i Corsair PSU, 2x16gb tridentZ memory, and a Thor V2 case. I don’t even have a GPU yet. And I haven’t installed my OS yet. Somebody help please! How do I get rid of this error code?

And btw I have a display, I can access the bios.

Wait, so there's an error code on your system, and also your system works, is that correct?

The last line makes it sound like nothing is wrong

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

9 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

Wait, so there's an error code on your system, and also your system works, is that correct?

The last line makes it sound like nothing is wrong

Well Yes that’s correct. Should I just ignore the error code then? All the fans are moving, things are lighting up on the motherboard, I think saw my 2 sticks of ram in the bios along with my SSD. I haven’t plugged in my HDD yet though. And I haven’t installed my windows 10 OS yet. But I just don’t like the error code “A9” 

15 minutes ago, Falcon_569 said:

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, fasauceome said:

Ooh ok then. Thank you. I’ll finish it up and hope I don’t get stuck anywhere.

• 1 year later...

Hi, im reviving this thread adding on to a solution, on Maximus Hero viii, bios settings would fallback to default, but clock and notes stays ok, it would not look like de battery is bat, but as if OC went wrong. But no, the battery its bad, in my case it would read 0.66v after replacing it with a new one on 3.0v bios settings work correctly, and no more code A2/A9, of not configured devices enter setup

6 minutes ago, HadesDX said:

Hi, im reviving this thread adding on to a solution, on Maximus Hero viii, bios settings would fallback to default, but clock and notes stays ok, it would not look like de battery is bat, but as if OC went wrong. But no, the battery its bad, in my case it would read 0.66v after replacing it with a new one on 3.0v bios settings work correctly, and no more code A2/A9, of not configured devices enter setup

Hi man, what battery u talking about? I got same issue on battery code MAXIMUS X CODE but can't fix it.
Btw how the hell u replied on 2 years post the same time I open this page lol

48 minutes ago, kobzzarev said:

Hi man, what battery u talking about? I got same issue on battery code MAXIMUS X CODE but can't fix it.
Btw how the hell u replied on 2 years post the same time I open this page lol

Mine is a CR2032, and its located righ under the GPU slot on the motherboard
the second question, dont know? karma maybe? just 2 days trying to solve the issue, and started thinking about the battery as lithium batteries have an approximate life of about 2 to 3 years, and my mobo its 3.5years old.... xD

The A9 code is "start of setup". Basically an informational code and you see it when in bios.

Your motherboard manual has the list of post codes for your reference.