M.2 SSD not working Startech.com M.2 NGFF SSD to 2.5in SATA Adapter Converter

I need to access the files on an M.2 SSD (B & M key) from my previous computer, so I bought this converter, installed the drive, plugged it into my old PC and booted it up. It's not showing up anywhere. Its not under computer, and It's not in disk management. I read that It might show up in BIOS but I don't have a keyboard so I can't access it. Now I don't know what to do! Is the drive incompatible with the converter? Or is there some other problem?  I'm really worried because i'm starting to think my hard drive might be broken and I NEED those files. What should I do? PLEASE HELP!!!

4 minutes ago, thatsgoodeatin said:

Thats your problem. You have a pcie ssd on a sata only adapter.

You want an adapter like this.

https://www.amazon.com/EZDIY-FAB-Express-Adapter-Support-22110/dp/B01GCXCR7W/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1537646816&sr=8-3&keywords=pcie+to+m.2

I'm trying to access the files on a SSD from my previous computer. The Drive is a SATA based B & M keyed M.2. I purchased this Device: 
https://www.amazon.com/StarTech-2-5in-Adapter-Converter... 
placed my SSD inside it, and plugged it into a sata port inside my Desktop PC, However despite the drive being seemingly undamaged, it is Completely undetected by my PC. I've looked everywhere, it's not in Disk Management, or BIOS. I checked The SATA settings in BIOS, which were already set. What's the problem? My PC is pretty old and dusty, so I thought that might be interfering with the connection, but then I have a standard HDD from a laptop that I plugged into the exact same port and it was detected just fine. Is there something i'm missing? I'm afraid that my SSD might be broken somehow. Any Ideas?IMG_20180922_1734544_rewind.thumb.jpg.da47b5d52d83a3f9a5821de8633164d5.jpg

My Computer is a Dell Inspiron 530, which apparently can have one of two different motherboards:

The 0RY007

or

The 0FM586

both were manufactured by Foxcroft. I'm not sure how to determine which one mine has