Will the MSI x Trio 2080 fit in my case?

I've finally decided to get the 2080 card, even it it costs more than the 1080 Ti in performance. And the card that I've been looking at the most is the MSI x Trio, however. It is 327 mm long, and my computer case (CM Storm Trooper) only allows for GPU's with a length of up to 322 mm. Do you think that it'll fit anyway or do I have to look at a different GPU? I really don't want to buy a different case just for 5 mm.

What do you guys think?

You could just grab a measuring tape and measure?

Maybe you can remove the front fan for extra clearance, or if you dont have a front radiator that can also help.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

i've been checking your case and since what delimits that 322 mm is the drive cage, and it seems to be semi-modular, i would recommend that you look for a shorter card.
(not a difficult suggestion since i don't like msi anyway) 
Maybe go with Asus or EVGA?

1 hour ago, Jaxper said:

I've finally decided to get the 2080 card, even it it costs more than the 1080 Ti in performance.

That's a big mistake! Honestly you shouldn't buy that crap. 

8 hours ago, AdroG23 said:

i've been checking your case and since what delimits that 322 mm is the drive cage, and it seems to be semi-modular, i would recommend that you look for a shorter card.
(not a difficult suggestion since i don't like msi anyway) 
Maybe go with Asus or EVGA?

Any particular reason you don't like msi? Asus is a lot more expensive for me and the EVGA is in my eyes extremely unattractive.

9 hours ago, Jaxper said:

I've finally decided to get the 2080 card, even it it costs more than the 1080 Ti in performance. And the card that I've been looking at the most is the MSI x Trio, however. It is 327 mm long, and my computer case (CM Storm Trooper) only allows for GPU's with a length of up to 322 mm. Do you think that it'll fit anyway or do I have to look at a different GPU? I really don't want to buy a different case just for 5 mm.

What do you guys think?

with a dremel any gpu will fit. 

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

1 hour ago, Jumper118 said:

with a dremel any gpu will fit. 

True! But, keep in mind the OP might want to sell his case some day and cutting it down might make this difficult.
I tend to leave things unchanged unless i'm 101% SURE that i will NEVER let that sucker go.

2 hours ago, Jaxper said:

Any particular reason you don't like msi? Asus is a lot more expensive for me and the EVGA is in my eyes extremely unattractive.

Yep, i've owned a wide array of msi products. On more thatn 50% i had issues.

That alone is a downer, but the last one was an R9 390 that i bought. I live in Argentina and bought it in Amazon USA.

The ASSURED me i had international warranty. The card also came with the warranty that said WORLD WIDE.

When it started failing not even 2 months after installing it (no overclock or anything) msi refused to honor the warranty

Needles to say that after running a little tantrum in social media,  msi accepted to repair the card and issued an RMA number.

Problem is i had to send the card back TWICE since the first time they "repaired" it, the issue was left unsolved.

So... that's about it. Bad experiences take me away from it.
But, if ASUS is so steep and EVGA is fgly how about Gigabyte or Zotac?
Both are reputable brands (i prefer Zotac myself)

8 minutes ago, AdroG23 said:

True! But, keep in mind the OP might want to sell his case some day and cutting it down might make this difficult.
I tend to leave things unchanged unless i'm 101% SURE that i will NEVER let that sucker go.

used cases arent worth much anyway and he could even say it has been upgraded to fit longer gpus

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

technically yeah... depends.
Where i'm from, you wouldn't BELIEVE what people pay for a used case...
But yes, i get your point and it makes sense