Help! GTX 1070 not found!

brianzak419
Go to solution Solved by spat55,

Try running DDU, it sounds like a driver issue, or you could reinstall windows and see if that fixes it.

I've recently run into an issue with my GTX 1070 Founder's Edition. It was working perfectly fine when Nvidia sent a new driver update. I performed a clean install like I always do, and the install failed. No big deal, it happens often enough. So I reinstall Geforce Experience and it fails again. Fine, I download the driver manually. This time, the install cannot detect the proper hardware. I delve into the device manager and discover there are no display devices. I have the internal graphics disabled via the bios. I updated the bios, just in case, still no graphics card found. However, it is still displaying a signal through "Microsoft Basic Display Driver". I've swapped the card to another PCIe slot, tried another PCIe power plug on my PSU, and run through a ton of googled fixes to no avail. 

Does anyone have any experience with this? Please help!

System Specs:

I7 6700K

Gigabyte-GA-Z170MX Gaming 5 Mobo

32GB G Skills TridentZ DDR4 RAM

GTX 1070 Founder's Edition

EKWB Aluminum Custom Watercooling, CPU + GPU

Can you verify that the card is powering on and is recognized in the BIOS? Do you have any other cards you can throw in to see if they work or not as well?

Main Rig: cpu: Intel 6600k OC @ 4.5Ghz; gpu: Gigabyte Gaming OC RTX 2080 (OC'd); mb: Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD3; ram: 16 GB (2x8GB) 3000 G.Skill Ripjaws V; psu: EVGA 650BQ; storage: 500GB Samsung 850 evo, 2TB WD Black; case: Cooler Master HAF 912; cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Lots of fans, Air!; display: 4k Samsung 42" TV, Asus MX259H 1080p audio: Schiit Audio Magni Amp w/ Audio Technica M50x

The 2 unknown devices in the other devices category are my Intel Graphics and the 1070. That much I figured out.

And yes, I am currently running the display through the 1070 via Microsoft's basic display thing.

Untitled-1.thumb.jpg.ce4263ccb48bef90c8419d866d341ab8.jpg

Try running DDU, it sounds like a driver issue, or you could reinstall windows and see if that fixes it.

34 minutes ago, spat55 said:

Thank you! DDU fixed the issue. Thank you all for the quick responses!

On 9/20/2018 at 9:02 PM, brianzak419 said:

Thank you! DDU fixed the issue. Thank you all for the quick responses!

No problem, glad it helped, always nasty when you have these issues and think your hardware is done for.