not switching from hdmi to speakers

mash104
Go to solution Solved by mash104,

7 minutes ago, emosun said:

newer games don't turn driver updates into security updates

unless you are referring to the horrible notion that updating your driver every time a game releases is a smart idea. might as well just install random viruses if we're playing reliability roulette.

im going to stick with 391.35 until something causes me to have to update it but now that i found out you just have to left click the sound icon in tackbar it makes it esier then going into sound settings and changing the playback device 

windows-10-select-playback-device.jpg

i recently ungraded from 391.35 to 399.24 everything seems fine but for some reason when i switch from my tv that uses hdmi audio to my two monitors it doesnt auto switch back to my speakers like 391.35 did.the hdmi stays defualt and i have to manually go into the playback devices to make my speakers default.on 391.35 when i discconected my tv it would make my tv not plugged in so it would defualt back to my speakers . ive tried clean install and ddu no luck.should i go back to 391.35 or just get used to manually changing it everytime?

was there something wrong with 391.35?

you update drivers when theres a problem , you don't update them if nothing is wrong with them.

might as well throw away all the silverware in the kitchen and buy new ones at this rate

2 minutes ago, emosun said:

was there something wrong with 391.35?

you update drivers when theres a problem , you don't update them if nothing is wrong with them.

might as well throw away all the silverware in the kitchen and buy new ones at this rate

ok i was told its better to keep it updated to the current one.

1 minute ago, pas008 said:

try using ddu to clear all shit

or use try the newer drivers out

tries 411.63 and 399.24 and 399.07 all the same.and i did use ddu

6 minutes ago, mash104 said:

ok i was told its better to keep it updated to the current one.

drivers aren't security related updates , you use the ones that work until there is something wrong with it. 

1 minute ago, mash104 said:

tries 411.63 and 399.24 and 399.07 all the same.and i did use ddu

revert back to what worked, maybe point it out to nvidia if you wish

1 minute ago, emosun said:

drivers aren't security related updates , you use the ones that work until there is something wrong with it. 

depends if you play newer games and want some increases at times

1 minute ago, pas008 said:

depends if you play newer games and want some increases at times

unless you are referring to the horrible notion that updating your driver every time a game releases is a smart idea. might as well just install random viruses if we're playing reliability roulette.

1 minute ago, emosun said:

what?

Performance increases come from drivers especially for newer games

That's why you update drivers

4 minutes ago, pas008 said:

what?

Performance increases come from drivers especially for newer games

That's why you update drivers

lol

are you under the impression that you're somehow downloading more transistors onto your gpu? driver updates that have specific game patches are there to literally adapt the card to make it work with how the game was programmed. the card doesn't "increase in performance". the card has and will always be identical to when they finished building it.

and again , if there isn't a problem , then you don't download new drivers.

a game running like shit = a problem.

7 minutes ago, emosun said:

im going to stick with 391.35 until something causes me to have to update it but now that i found out you just have to left click the sound icon in tackbar it makes it esier then going into sound settings and changing the playback device 

windows-10-select-playback-device.jpg

Just now, emosun said:

Any real tech person that's been alive for at least 1 full decade knows that driver updates are released to FIX ISSUES. If you have no issues , then you don't need the update.

Now I know that concept is lost on you because you've never downloaded a driver that disabled your gpu fan and fried the gpu before , but usually natural selection can typically fix these issues society has. 

Lol

Here's another with progress

That's why they are called game ready drivers for newer games

Hence my comment newer games and increases at times

https://babeltechreviews.com/geforce-368-39-brings-performance-gtx-1080/3/