Airflow: front-to-back or back-to-front?

ZoliWorks

So long story short, in order to fit in a 2nd ram stick, I either change the whole cooler, get a new fan and attach it to the back of the cooler (instead of pushing the air through, it pulls it through) or I change the airflow from front-to-back to back-to-front. Currently I have 3 case fans (1 in the back and 2 in the front) 1 fan in the psu and one in the cooler + the 2 on the gpu which almost never turn on

So, will it cause any big issues if I invert the airflow?

Cooler fan blocking the ram slot

vb23IFA.jpg

Airflow now

9X8qoCt.jpg

Inverting airflow by rotating all fans and changing the cpu cooler fan location

Q4GB1HJ.jpg

so why not just put the fan on the other side of the cooler, but blowing the same way? That way you don't have to take every fan off

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

I suggest just using the cooler fan as an exhaust on the other side rather than have it as an intake, it saves you having to do the unconvential back-to-front air flow technique.

Are you sure it blocks it? I thought HyperX Fury were standardised for tower coolers.

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches

35 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

so why not just put the fan on the other side of the cooler, but blowing the same way? That way you don't have to take every fan off

Unless I can change the fan rotation speed, I can't mount it the other way since the back side is different from the front

20180918_201310.jpg

12 minutes ago, seoz said:

I suggest just using the cooler fan as an exhaust on the other side rather than have it as an intake, it saves you having to do the unconvential back-to-front air flow technique.

Are you sure it blocks it? I thought HyperX Fury were standardised for tower coolers.

Pretty sure it blocks 

20180918_201301.jpg

20180918_201406.jpg

The drawback of reversing airflow is that the case isn't designed for that direction. You may have some turbulent airflow, reducing efficiency or creating noise. Plus, dust buildup can be an issue. 

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

3 hours ago, ZoliWorks said:

Well, silly me... I forgot that I can adjust the position of the cooler fan... everything is solved xD

Yeah, see! I knew HyperX Fury modules were low-profile enough for tower coolers, problem solved. :) 

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches

Back to front is certainly unconventional and for that reason, you likely have no dust filter on the rear opening meaning that method would cause a lot more dust in your case, but functionally I can't imagine any serious problems.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.