Asus prime x299-a Motherboard not recognizing 1 out of 4 ram sticks

As title states my motherboard does not recognize one of my 4 3200mhz cl15 sticks. The sticks are from two separate packages (2 2X8GB), corsair brand. The unrecognized stick wont be found no matter what socket i put it into, following mobo manual for placement. Won't post with just the 1 stick inserted either. Not sure what to do from now on to continue troubleshooting. 

Did you recently buy the ram? If so it may just be a dud, try to return it for a replacement. If they want both then atleast you will still have 16gb and that should hold you during the process. 

If it's a bit older then you may have to wait for someone on the forums to help you out better. 

17 minutes ago, trattgunnar said:

As title states my motherboard does not recognize one of my 4 3200mhz cl15 sticks. The sticks are from two separate packages (2 2X8GB), corsair brand. The unrecognized stick wont be found no matter what socket i put it into, following mobo manual for placement. Won't post with just the 1 stick inserted either. Not sure what to do from now on to continue troubleshooting. 

Yeah, I'm going to say that it's a dud. As @DVAsaid, return the dud stick, or exchange both, if necessary (and possible).

7 minutes ago, DVA said:

Did you recently buy the ram? If so it may just be a dud, try to return it for a replacement. If they want both then atleast you will still have 16gb and that should hold you during the process. 

If it's a bit older then you may have to wait for someone on the forums to help you out better. 

The dud stick came from a used set i bought the other day. The second stick from that set works fine though.
Going to track down the seller to get the receipt so i can RMA

1 minute ago, trattgunnar said:

The dud stick came from a used set i bought the other day. The second stick from that set works fine though.

Good luck with that. Worst case scenario, you're stuck with a dead stick of RAM.

Oh well, you can always overpay for more...

9 minutes ago, trattgunnar said:

If he has it then yeah RMA it. If he doesn't have it you may be able to ask for a refund. Depending on the manufacturer you might even be able to RMA it without the receipt as long as its under the manufacturer warranty. 

I read about a similar issue where the last stick of ram wasn't recognized until some voltage was adjusted up. Im not sure where to begin if I were to try this out, any pointers?