confused building new pc

Go to solution Solved by Derrk,
Just now, Abd AlHaleem said:

mostly because it's not mine .. it's for a poor cheap a$$ kid :D

1 minute ago, Abd AlHaleem said:

won't it be build poorly ??? I don't want him to come after months to say your choices su%& :D

if he criticizes the build, just criticize him for being cheap.. b350 will be more functional/reliable than a320

hello every one , I'm building a new pc for some one and I'm confused what mother board to use for that build .

it's a budget build , I'll use amd apu r5 2400g with plans to upgrade  this pc later on the road , but the problem that I'm confused what chipset to choose .

It won't be overclocking build but should I use B-series board or A-series board .

note that the one I'm building this pc for want it to last at least 4 years , and later he will add a graphics card when he has money .

any advice ? and factor that I may have forgotten ??

thanks for help .

https://pcpartpicker.com/ - Your new best friend! 

Convert it whatever currency you're using and use the compatibility to find all the parts you can use. Different series boards do different things. Some of more usb, some overclock, some don't, some are base no RGB, some have a lot of rgb, but pcpartpicker will make sure they're all able to work together. 

Just look at what you want and look up the series and see if it's what you need, example: Want to overclock? Easy, get a z model. 

4 minutes ago, Derrk said:

go for a b350 motherboard

even with no plans for overclocking ??

2 minutes ago, Abd AlHaleem said:

It's not much more than an A320 motherboard, and it leaves it open. Better to have it be an option than to regret it later.

1 minute ago, DVA said:

https://pcpartpicker.com/ - Your new best friend! 

Convert it whatever currency you're using and use the compatibility to find all the parts you can use. Different series boards do different things. Some of more usb, some overclock, some don't, some are base no RGB, some have a lot of rgb, but pcpartpicker will make sure they're all able to work together. 

Just look at what you want and look up the series and see if it's what you need, example: Want to overclock? Easy, get a z model. 

yeah I already know alot of chipsets but for some reason I'm hesitating when building a system for other one . and that's because it's budget pc and I don't want to be blamed for my choices .

no RGB needed , 2 usb is more than enough , and the only thing that may change is the graphics and MAYBE the cpu later .

so what do you think ?

2 minutes ago, Abd AlHaleem said:

i believe both boards are similarly priced. b350 will give you 2 extra PCIe lanes. Why skimp out on the heart of the build?

if you dont plan to overclock or require special features, just get the cheapest AM4 motherboard. 

Do what @Derrk said and choose the model with the extra lanes, if you're not paying more for RGB or overclocking capabilities you may as well get more functionality out of it. 

1 minute ago, SliceT said:

if you dont plan to overclock or require special features, just get the cheapest AM4 motherboard. 

won't it be build poorly ??? I don't want him to come after months to say your choices su%& :D

3 minutes ago, Derrk said:

i believe both boards are similarly priced. b350 will give you 2 extra PCIe lanes. Why skimp out on the heart of the build?

1 minute ago, Abd AlHaleem said:

if he criticizes the build, just criticize him for being cheap.. b350 will be more functional/reliable than a320

Get this : https://pcpartpicker.com/product/dQgzK8/asrock-b450m-pro4-micro-atx-am4-motherboard-b450m-pro4

It's a newer B450 board , so slightly newer features , and potential OC support if you ever wanted to.

You can get a320 and b350 boards for ever so slightly cheaper , but features and build quality on the a320s are not great , and you won't get a bad surprise vs a b350 which might arrive with an older bios that doesn't support the 2400G ( to be clear , if that were the case AMD will lend you a cpu for the bios flash , but it's a hassle and you might need to pay shipping ).

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

2 minutes ago, Coaxialgamer said:

Get this : https://pcpartpicker.com/product/dQgzK8/asrock-b450m-pro4-micro-atx-am4-motherboard-b450m-pro4

It's a newer B450 board , so slightly newer features , and potential OC support if you ever wanted to.

You can get a320 and b350 boards for ever so slightly cheaper , but features and build quality on the a320s are not great , and you won't get a bad surprise vs a b350 which might arrive with an older bios that doesn't support the 2400G ( to be clear , if that were the case AMD will lend you a cpu for the bios flash , but it's a hassle and you might need to pay shipping ).

I like it .

alright .... thanks every one . I'll be using B350 mother board ..

you are awesome , thanks again <3

alright .... thanks every one . I'll be using B350 mother board ..

you are awesome , thanks again <3

Any time.