New Build

lmeneses

This is my build https://pcpartpicker.com/list/nZNQLJ Are there any components that I could get better for the same or lower price, such as the mobo or gpu? Price range is around what the total cost of all the parts is so around $750 

PC: CPU: i5-9600k - CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 - GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB GDDR6 - Motherboard: ASRock - Z370 Extreme4 - RAM: Team - T-Force Delta RGB 16 GB DDR4-3000 - PSU: Corsair - TXM Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply - Case: Thermaltake - Core G21 TG

Gaming Rig
Spoiler

CPU: Intel i7-6850k @ 4.2GHz

GPU: 2x FE GTX 1080Ti

Memory: 16GB PNY Anarchy DDR4 3200MHz

Motherboard: ASRock X99 Extreme 4

Encoding Rig
Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 7 1700 @ 3.7GHz

GPU: GTX 1050

Memory: 8GB Curcial Ballistix DDR4 2133MHz

Motherboard: Gigabyte AB350M-DS3H

Very solid build, there is nothing I would personally change.

As someone said above, you could switch to the Corsair CX550M to save a couple bucks and you're still getting solid quality.The Focus Gold is a fantastic PSU though, so that really being worth it is up to you. I definitely wouldn't downgrade the motherboard, the one you have is much better in almost every way.

Desktop - CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x | COOLER: be quiet! Dark Rock 3 | MOBO: ASRock X370 Killer SLI/ac | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz | GPU: MSI RTX 2070 Super Gaming X Trio | STORAGE: 2x XPG SX8200 Pro 1TB, Crucial MX300 525gb, Seagate Barracuda Pro 4TB | CASE: Phanteks P400s TG White | PSU: Corsair HX750i

Laptop - Dell XPS 13 | Intel i7 7500u | Intel HD 620 Graphics | 8GB RAM | 256GB M.2 SSD

Peripherals - KEYBOARD: KBD67 Lite w/Gateron Milky Yellow Pros | MOUSE: Razer Deathadder V2 | AUDIO: Sennheiser HD 6XX, Truthear Hexa | MONITOR: Dual 1440p 27" MSI Optix MAG274QRF-QD

27 minutes ago, lmeneses said:

This is my build https://pcpartpicker.com/list/nZNQLJ Are there any components that I could get better for the same or lower price, such as the mobo or gpu? Price range is around what the total cost of all the parts is so around $750 

Why are you buying a 1060?

There's a super cheap RX 570 that's going to be fairly close in performance, otherwise an RX 580 saves you money with free-sync as well

the ASrock Pro4 is slightly cheaper, questionably worse VRM than the tomahawk though, either are fine for the 6 core though

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/T9QDmq
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/T9QDmq/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4GHz 6-Core Processor  ($164.89 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: ASRock - B450M PRO4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($79.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($149.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Gigabyte - Radeon RX 570 4GB Gaming 4G  Video Card  ($171.00 @ Newegg)
Case: Fractal Design - Focus G (White) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($49.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: SeaSonic - FOCUS Gold 550W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($63.69 @ Amazon)
Total: $679.55
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-09-17 23:19 EDT-0400

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

8 hours ago, Streetguru said:

Why are you buying a 1060?

There's a super cheap RX 570 that's going to be fairly close in performance, otherwise an RX 580 saves you money with free-sync as well

Well, I'm trying to make it as future proof as possible for my budget. What 580s would you recommend tho?

PC: CPU: i5-9600k - CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 - GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB GDDR6 - Motherboard: ASRock - Z370 Extreme4 - RAM: Team - T-Force Delta RGB 16 GB DDR4-3000 - PSU: Corsair - TXM Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply - Case: Thermaltake - Core G21 TG

10 hours ago, Frankenburger said:

The Tomahawk board he has is much better. Also mATX looks a bit small in an ATX case.

4 hours ago, lee32uk said:

The Tomahawk board he has is much better. Also mATX looks a bit small in an ATX case.

It's the same board I have in my encoding rig, and is perfectly adequate for gaming unless OP needs more expandability. If he's looking to pinch pennies, then it's best not to nitpick over the size of the motherboard unless it's a detriment to one's needs.

Gaming Rig
Spoiler

Encoding Rig
Spoiler

3 minutes ago, Frankenburger said:

It's the same board I have in my encoding rig, and is perfectly adequate for gaming unless OP needs more expandability. If he's looking to pinch pennies, then it's best not to nitpick over the size of the motherboard unless it's a detriment to one's needs.

Nothing to do with gaming or being able to expand. The Gigabyte VRM heatsink looks pretty crappy. The MSI board is far better in that respect. If the op ever decides he wants an 8 core cpu then that Gigabyte will more than likely thermal throttle.

1 minute ago, lee32uk said:

Nothing to do with gaming or being able to expand. The Gigabyte VRM heatsink looks pretty crappy. The MSI board is far better in that respect. If the op ever decides he wants an 8 core cpu then that Gigabyte will more than likely thermal throttle.

It's highly unlikely that the heatsink on the board will cause any issue. If he's going to be overclocking to the point where it would be an issue, then he should be looking for something with a higher build quality than even the Tomahawk.

Gaming Rig
Spoiler

Encoding Rig
Spoiler

Overall it is a good build. I would suggest a couple of changes. To save a bit, go with a CX450 non-modular psu. Use the savings to get a tempered glass windowed case.

TG windows do not scratch as easily as other materials nor do they cloud if improperly cleaned.

The case I am suggesting has a psu shroud so extra cables are easily hid. The extra fan is necessary for good airflow as the case only has one stock fan.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4GHz 6-Core Processor  ($164.89 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: MSI - B450 TOMAHAWK ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($99.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($149.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB SSC GAMING Video Card  ($279.99 @ Amazon) 
Case: Phanteks - Eclipse P300 Tempered Glass (White) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($59.99 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: Corsair - CX (2017) 450W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($44.90 @ OutletPC) 
Case Fan: Phanteks - PH-F120SP_BK 54.4 CFM  120mm Fan  ($12.64 @ Amazon) 
Total: $812.39
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-09-18 14:18 EDT-0400

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

16 hours ago, lmeneses said:

Build something like this..... cheaper ND better...

Note- I hv opted for 650w psu coz the 650w ND the 550w literally costed the same.

Motherboard: ASRock - B450M PRO4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($59.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: G.Skill - Aegis 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($135.98 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: Gigabyte - Radeon RX 580 8GB AORUS 8G Video Card  ($234.98 @ Newegg) 
Case: Cooler Master - MasterBox Q300L MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($32.41 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G3 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($69.89 @ OutletPC) 
Total: $698.14
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-09-18 14:59 EDT-0400

1 hour ago, Frankenburger said:

It's highly unlikely that the heatsink on the board will cause any issue. If he's going to be overclocking to the point where it would be an issue, then he should be looking for something with a higher build quality than even the Tomahawk.

You should go and watch Buildzoid on Youtube as he goes into detail about vrm's on B350 and B450. The Gigabyte B350 boards are all basically pretty terrible.

As for the Tomahawk it is by no means perfect, but I would rather have it over the Gigabyte. 

7 minutes ago, lee32uk said:

You should go and watch Buildzoid on Youtube as he goes into detail about vrm's on B350 and B450. The Gigabyte B350 boards are all basically pretty terrible.

As for the Tomahawk it is by no means perfect, but I would rather have it over the Gigabyte. 

32 minutes ago, SHROUD said:

Build something like this..... cheaper ND better...

Note- I hv opted for 650w psu coz the 650w ND the 550w literally costed the same.

Motherboard: ASRock - B450M PRO4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($59.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: G.Skill - Aegis 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($135.98 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: Gigabyte - Radeon RX 580 8GB AORUS 8G Video Card  ($234.98 @ Newegg) 
Case: Cooler Master - MasterBox Q300L MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($32.41 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G3 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($69.89 @ OutletPC) 
Total: $698.14
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-09-18 14:59 EDT-0400

1 hour ago, SHROUD said:

No reason to go with a micro ATX build though if the op wants ATX. And that case looks ugly imo but of course everyone has different tastes. Not sure why you changed the psu either as it is more expensive than the Seasonic Focus. 

3 hours ago, lee32uk said:

Like I said before, I own an AB350M-DS3H, and is paired off with an OC'd 1700. I see no need to look up an opinion piece on a fairly good budget board that's holding up quite well in my own system.

Gaming Rig
Spoiler

Encoding Rig
Spoiler

1 hour ago, lee32uk said:

No reason to go with a micro ATX build though if the op wants ATX. And that case looks ugly imo but of course everyone has different tastes. Not sure why you changed the psu either as it is more expensive than the Seasonic Focus. 

No reason to go with atx either

That case isn't ugly from any angle.

Unless ND until u hv never seen that case. It has excellent airflow.

There's no problem with supernova g3 unit. So, stop picking up any useless flaws to prove that u r intelligent.

ND now, u'll try to prove me wrong by posting some reviews from some forums.

Also, I reduced $50 from his build.

@SHROUDSo, a micro atx board will not affect ocing? 

1 minute ago, SHROUD said:

No, it won't

2 minutes ago, SHROUD said:

Oh, ok, I shall look up more about it. Thanks!

Motherboard: ASRock - B450 Pro4 ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($69.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($139.99 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: XFX - Radeon RX 580 8GB GTS XXX ED Video Card  ($249.99 @ Amazon) 
Case: Fractal Design - Focus G (White) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($49.99 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: SeaSonic - FOCUS Gold 550W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($59.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $734.84
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-09-18 18:54 EDT-0400

Do you have any storage?

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Mention me if you want to summon me sooner or later

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Note 10, S10, Samsung becomes Apple, Zen 2, 3700X, Renegade X lol

16 minutes ago, SHROUD said:

No reason to go with atx either

That case isn't ugly from any angle.

Unless ND until u hv never seen that case. It has excellent airflow.

There's no problem with supernova g3 unit. So, stop picking up any useless flaws to prove that u r intelligent.

ND now, u'll try to prove me wrong by posting some reviews from some forums.

Also, I reduced $50 from his build.

Of course there is reason to go ATX. For starters it gives you a lot more choice on board/case. You also have more room on the board to work with instead of being cramped on a smaller board. A lot of coolers can also foul the top pcie slot on matx.

Case is personal pref. You might like it, I don't. Also I didn't say anything about airflow ?

Maybe you should do more research on the G3 then. It has protection issues. So the only flaws are with the psu.

40 minutes ago, Frankenburger said:

Like I said before, I own an AB350M-DS3H, and is paired off with an OC'd 1700. I see no need to look up an opinion piece on a fairly good budget board that's holding up quite well in my own system.

Stock or overclocked ? Love to see your VRM temps. They must be through the roof.

6 minutes ago, lee32uk said:

Of course there is reason to go ATX. For starters it gives you a lot more choice on board/case. You also have more room on the board to work with instead of being cramped on a smaller board. A lot of coolers can also foul the top pcie slot on matx.

Case is personal pref. You might like it, I don't. Also I didn't say anything about airflow ?

Maybe you should do more research on the G3 then. It has protection issues. So the only flaws are with the psu.

Nothing is perfect. Even the one, that u HV suggested has issues. Otherwise it would have 100% efficiency.

Also, there's no prob with b450m pro4. It's one of the best b450 mobos out there.

https://www.anandtech.com/show/13091/analyzing-b450-for-amd-ryzen-a-quick-look-at-all-the-motherboards/4

https://www.tomshardware.co.uk/evga-supernova-650-g3-psu,review-34306.html

4 minutes ago, lee32uk said:

Stock or overclocked ? Love to see your VRM temps. They must be through the roof.

Like I said in the post you quoted :P

Overclocked

Gaming Rig
Spoiler

Encoding Rig
Spoiler