CSGO Low FPS

HippY

Hey guys,

So I just upgraded my PC and I have noticed that my FPS is not shooting up for some weird reason.

My current set up is i7 3770, 12GB RAM (4th memory slot is poo), GTX 1070

I am usually playing on 1080p, low setting, very high shader and no MSAA or FXAA and I get only around 200 FPS, with some dips below 150.

While I was watching the major with high settings and a bit of MSAA, I had got around 80FPS. 

Temps are fine, nothing goes above 50C, GPU load is around %60, and CPU load is %70, nothing gets maxed out.

Online I have seen an average of 300FPS at low settings.

Any idea?

Do you have a 240hz monitor?

4 minutes ago, HippY said:

My current set up is i7 3770, 12GB RAM (4th memory slot is poo)

I'd probably look in to why your memory isn't working properly. Either a bad stick or a bent CPU pin will be the likely cause. Try running with just 2x4GB sticks in the working dual channel pair of slots and see if that improves the situation.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

4 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Do you have a 240hz monitor?

I'd probably look in to why your memory isn't working properly. Either a bad stick or a bent CPU pin will be the likely cause. Try running with just 2x4GB sticks in the working dual channel pair of slots and see if that improves the situation.

I have a 144Hz monitor, but when the FPS goes below 150 FPS, the spray gets choppier. Look, I know it sounds ridiculous, but this is the only game where I need that high FPS.

Before I have upgraded for 12GB, I had 8GB and a GTX 770. I got roughly the same FPS on the same settings.

guessing that's a cpu neck, because seeing CS:GO pull 70% load on a 4c/8t cpu is already pretty good ;)