Help with controlling fans

Famalam
Go to solution Solved by LogicalDrm,
43 minutes ago, Famalam said:

Hi I just figured out why. I am a real newbie lol. So my four case fans all need there own connection. So one of my fan is plugged into SYS FAN 3 Header on mobo while the other three are plugged to a SYS Fan 2 divider. So I plug divider into SYS 2 and then it gives me three extra fan plugs. Then each one of my fan is plugged into one of the plugs on divided. So basically one fan on SYS 3 and 3 fans plugged into SYS 2 on mobo. Then my cpu liquid pump is plugged into CPU_FAN header on mobo and my FAN ON RAD is plugged into SYS fan 1. Then I changed the settings for the pump to run at full speed. Do you think my setup is good/fine now?????

If you are fine, then its all good. You can connect multiple fans to single header. Just make sure that all fans have combined power draw under 1A, and that all of them have same connection type (3pin vs 4pin).

Hi here is my setup: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/user/Famalams/saved/qYQRJx

So I recently installed one more case fan. In my pc there is the cpu cooler fan and then a set of 3 fans in the front that use one connector and one extra fan with a connector all by itself. In the gigabyte bios, I go to smart fan settings I see cpu FAN , SYSTEM FAN 1, SYSTEM FAN 2, AND SYSTEM FAN 3. But I do not see the system fan that I just  installed/plugged in. All the fans look like there working good.

So my question is how do I get my fourth fan in my bios so I can control it. Yes there all plugged into Motherboard. I use a connector to SYS FAN on motherboard to 3 other fan connectors so I can fit more fans. Also I tried using SPEEDFAN and it cannot detect any of my fans either. Any help would be appreciated.

PS the three fans count as like one plug and my one fan has one plug also. SO total 4 case fans. Also there all the same brand as you can see in my setup link.

Also what temperature interval should I set my fans to in bios. Thanks

Your motherboard is too new for Speedfan. It only supports few of the newest mobos.

To which header 4th fan is connected to? Have you tried connecting it to some other header? By reading manual, all headers should be same. If one of them isn't working, there's nothing you can do. Other than RMA whole board.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

9 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Your motherboard is too new for Speedfan. It only supports few of the newest mobos.

To which header 4th fan is connected to? Have you tried connecting it to some other header? By reading manual, all headers should be same. If one of them isn't working, there's nothing you can do. Other than RMA whole board.

Hi I just figured out why. I am a real newbie lol. So my four case fans all need there own connection. So one of my fan is plugged into SYS FAN 3 Header on mobo while the other three are plugged to a SYS Fan 2 divider. So I plug divider into SYS 2 and then it gives me three extra fan plugs. Then each one of my fan is plugged into one of the plugs on divided. So basically one fan on SYS 3 and 3 fans plugged into SYS 2 on mobo. Then my cpu liquid pump is plugged into CPU_FAN header on mobo and my FAN ON RAD is plugged into SYS fan 1. Then I changed the settings for the pump to run at full speed. Do you think my setup is good/fine now?????

43 minutes ago, Famalam said:

If you are fine, then its all good. You can connect multiple fans to single header. Just make sure that all fans have combined power draw under 1A, and that all of them have same connection type (3pin vs 4pin).

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv