What should i look for in a monitor?

HP24

I'm looking in the region of about £100 but I would be willing to raise that if nessesary. I want to build my first pc ( at the moment I plan to put a ryzen 5 2md gen and a gtx 1060 6gb in it. What resolution, aspect ratio, frame rate Should I look For?

for your system, a 1080p 60hz or 1440p 60hz monitor is fine. However, for your budget, a 1080p monitor will have to do. Monitors are too expensive in general.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, fasauceome said:

for your system, a 1080p 60hz or 1440p 60hz monitor is fine. However, for your budget, a 1080p monitor will have to do. Monitors are too expensive in general.

Ok the thanks  for that any idea on the aspect ratio???

1 minute ago, harryp2404 said:

Ok the thanks  for that any idea on the aspect ratio???

16:9 is usually what people play in unless they have ultrawides.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

11 minutes ago, harryp2404 said:

I'm looking in the region of about £100 but I would be willing to raise that if nessesary. I want to build my first pc ( at the moment I plan to put a ryzen 5 2md gen and a gtx 1060 6gb in it. What resolution, aspect ratio, frame rate Should I look For?

My recommendation would solidly be a high refresh rate, 1080p monitor for if you do get a GTX 1060 6GB.

This one I found well reviewed on Amazon UK which is only slightly above your price point: https://www.amazon.co.uk/AOC-G2460VQ6-Monitor-DisplayPort-response/dp/B015510R4M/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1537028218&sr=8-2&keywords=aoc+75hz+monitor

Its 75hz (So nice high refresh rate & 1ms of response time), has build in speakers & support for a VESA mount and plenty of connection. Probably good enough for your needs just as long as you don't want to be doing any photoshop work 

I once did the unthinkable, back many headphones ago...

I split an audio split, again

6 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

16:9 is usually what people play in unless they have ultrawides.

Ok thanks