Raidmax or corsair???

Shashiwimal123
Go to solution Solved by Guest,
On 9/14/2018 at 6:21 AM, Shashiwimal123 said:

My pc doesn't consume much power. So i dont want a lot of watts. I just needed something around 500 watts. So those chead craps are what i came with.

That's not how it works.

A PSU only puts out what's demanded of it.  Nothing more.  Typically, higher end PSUs don't come in lower wattages because it doesn't cost any less to make a high-end, say "550W" for example, versus making a high end 850W.  So they just don't bother making the 550W variant.  For example:  It only cost $1 less to make the AX760i versus the AX860i.  So instead of having both products on the market at essentially the same price, Corsair discontinued the AX760i and only sell the AX860i.

You need to look a little deeper than "brand" and "wattage".

Sticking with just Corsair here to keep it simple:  Take the suggested Corsair CX450M, for example.  It's has a double forward topology and a sleeve bearing fan (while newer models might have a rifle bearing).  For the same amount of money, you can get a CX450 (non-M) which is a resonant LLC topology (which is better) and a rifle bearing fan, but is non-modular.  But they're both Bronze efficiency and only have a 5 year warranty.

The RMx is the next step up, and is a better product over all in that it's Gold efficiency, has all Japanese capacitors, is rated to run at 50°C, has better voltage regulation, lower ripple-noise, is fully-modular and is quieter with a zero RPM fan mode.  It also has a 10 year warranty.  But the RMx doesn't come in a 450W, so you have to get a 550W.

Say you want a better fan like an FDB and the ability to monitor power consumption, voltages, fan speed, etc. via software.  Then you would go up to the RMi.  But the RMI only starts at the RM650i.  You can't even buy a 550W RMi.

So yeah...  Your system only needs 200W.  But if you want to have a better selection of components to choose from, you shouldn't look at wattage FIRST.  Look at the features you think you'd want first, the warranty, is it quiet or loud (if that matters to you), etc... .THEN look at the wattage.

What is the better power supply unit???

Corsair vs550 85+ or raidmax rx-545ap-r rgb 80+bronze???

Both are crap. Any other options?

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

2 minutes ago, DVA said:

Budget? That would help us suggest some better ones for you =]

Budget doesn't matter

4 minutes ago, Shashiwimal123 said:

Budget doesn't matter

so budget doesnt matter and you choose cheap crap? get some seasonic, or higher end corsair 

6 minutes ago, wojtepanik said:

so budget doesnt matter and you choose cheap crap? get some seasonic, or higher end corsair 

My pc doesn't consume much power. So i dont want a lot of watts. I just needed something around 500 watts. So those chead craps are what i came with. Since you suggests seasonic i will look into it. Thank you for the suggestion.. ✌

11 minutes ago, Shashiwimal123 said:

Budget doesn't matter

Choose something solid then. I'd recommend focus +, evga g1+/g2/g3, or corsair rmx/rmi. Solid psus that usually don't cost too much.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

EVGA G2 and G3 are really good ones.

I've heard awesome about Seasonic's as well. 

Goodluck!

2 minutes ago, DocSwag said:

Choose something solid then. I'd recommend focus +, evga g1+/g2/g3, or corsair rmx/rmi. Solid psus that usually don't cost too much.

Thank you for suggestions i will look for it

2 minutes ago, DVA said:

EVGA G2 and G3 are really good ones.

I've heard awesome about Seasonic's as well. 

Goodluck!

Thank you

20 minutes ago, Shashiwimal123 said:

Budget doesn't matter

Where you live?
What's the Hardware?

Straight Power 11 available for a good price?

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

3 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

Where you live?
What's the Hardware?

Straight Power 11 available for a good price?

I'm from sri lanka

I3 8100

Corsair vengeance 8gb 2666mhz

Gigabyte h310m h

Msi geforce gtx 1050 ti oc 4gb

Corsair force 120gb ssd

Toshiba 1tb hdd

2 minutes ago, Shashiwimal123 said:

I'm from sri lanka

I3 8100

Corsair vengeance 8gb 2666mhz

Gigabyte h310m h

Msi geforce gtx 1050 ti oc 4gb

Corsair force 120gb ssd

Toshiba 1tb hdd

A Corsair CX450M or Cooler Master MasterWatt 450W would be a great choice for your system.

19 minutes ago, Shashiwimal123 said:

My pc doesn't consume much power. So i dont want a lot of watts. I just needed something around 500 watts. So those chead craps are what i came with. Since you suggests seasonic i will look into it. Thank you for the suggestion.. ✌

Your system uses less than 200W under load.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

7 minutes ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

A Corsair CX450M or Cooler Master MasterWatt 450W would be a great choice for your system.

Your system uses less than 200W under load.

Thank you

On 9/14/2018 at 6:21 AM, Shashiwimal123 said:

My pc doesn't consume much power. So i dont want a lot of watts. I just needed something around 500 watts. So those chead craps are what i came with.

That's not how it works.

A PSU only puts out what's demanded of it.  Nothing more.  Typically, higher end PSUs don't come in lower wattages because it doesn't cost any less to make a high-end, say "550W" for example, versus making a high end 850W.  So they just don't bother making the 550W variant.  For example:  It only cost $1 less to make the AX760i versus the AX860i.  So instead of having both products on the market at essentially the same price, Corsair discontinued the AX760i and only sell the AX860i.

You need to look a little deeper than "brand" and "wattage".

Sticking with just Corsair here to keep it simple:  Take the suggested Corsair CX450M, for example.  It's has a double forward topology and a sleeve bearing fan (while newer models might have a rifle bearing).  For the same amount of money, you can get a CX450 (non-M) which is a resonant LLC topology (which is better) and a rifle bearing fan, but is non-modular.  But they're both Bronze efficiency and only have a 5 year warranty.

The RMx is the next step up, and is a better product over all in that it's Gold efficiency, has all Japanese capacitors, is rated to run at 50°C, has better voltage regulation, lower ripple-noise, is fully-modular and is quieter with a zero RPM fan mode.  It also has a 10 year warranty.  But the RMx doesn't come in a 450W, so you have to get a 550W.

Say you want a better fan like an FDB and the ability to monitor power consumption, voltages, fan speed, etc. via software.  Then you would go up to the RMi.  But the RMI only starts at the RM650i.  You can't even buy a 550W RMi.

So yeah...  Your system only needs 200W.  But if you want to have a better selection of components to choose from, you shouldn't look at wattage FIRST.  Look at the features you think you'd want first, the warranty, is it quiet or loud (if that matters to you), etc... .THEN look at the wattage.

12 hours ago, jonnyGURU said:

CXm with LLC resonant when?  :P

12 hours ago, jonnyGURU said:

TXm? :)

Just some bapo nerd from 'Straya

PCs:

Main: i7 7700K (5GHz 1.4V) | ASUS GTX 1080 TURBO | 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance 3000MHz (3200MHz CL14 1.365V) | ASUS PRIME Z270-AR | Thermaltake SMART 750P | Coolermaster Seidon 240P | Acer Predator X34 (34" 1440p144Hz GSync IPS)

Secondary: i5 3570K | Intel HD4000 (RIP Sapphire HD 6850) | 2x2GB + 1x4GB Kingston 1600MHz | ASUS P8Z68-V LX | Corsair CX650 | Coolermaster Hyper D92 | Sony Bravia VPL-VW80 (108" 1080p60Hz projector)

Laptop: i7 7700HQ | GTX 1060 6GB MXM | 2x16GB SODIMM | OEM Acer Motherboard | 17.3" Screen (1080p60Hz IPS)

iMac: Core 2 Duo T7400 | ATI Radeon X1600 | 2x1GB 667MHz DDR2 | 20" Screen

11 hours ago, awesomegamer919 said:

CXm with LLC resonant when?  :P

TXm? :)

With recent raw material cost increases that essentially doubled cable costs, material shortages and now a 25% tariff, probably never. 

1 hour ago, jonnyGURU said:

With recent raw material cost increases that essentially doubled cable costs, material shortages and now a 25% tariff, probably never. 

Damn, would have been good to see a semi-mod LLC unit for the CXm level price :(

Just some bapo nerd from 'Straya

PCs:

Main: i7 7700K (5GHz 1.4V) | ASUS GTX 1080 TURBO | 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance 3000MHz (3200MHz CL14 1.365V) | ASUS PRIME Z270-AR | Thermaltake SMART 750P | Coolermaster Seidon 240P | Acer Predator X34 (34" 1440p144Hz GSync IPS)

Secondary: i5 3570K | Intel HD4000 (RIP Sapphire HD 6850) | 2x2GB + 1x4GB Kingston 1600MHz | ASUS P8Z68-V LX | Corsair CX650 | Coolermaster Hyper D92 | Sony Bravia VPL-VW80 (108" 1080p60Hz projector)

Laptop: i7 7700HQ | GTX 1060 6GB MXM | 2x16GB SODIMM | OEM Acer Motherboard | 17.3" Screen (1080p60Hz IPS)

iMac: Core 2 Duo T7400 | ATI Radeon X1600 | 2x1GB 667MHz DDR2 | 20" Screen

11 minutes ago, awesomegamer919 said:

Damn, would have been good to see a semi-mod LLC unit for the CXm level price :(

Been trying for the past year.  :( Price just doesn't align.