To begin 
This is my current setup:
Ryzen 3 1200 oc 3.7
8gb ddr4 2667 ram
1060 6gb amp edition
120gb SSD
1tb HDD
Msi b350 mortar motherboard

I recently built this PC two months ago and successfully overclocked my CPU with a stable clock of 3.7 However all the games which I have been playing have been experiencing 45-60 fps. In task manager MY GPU USAGE IS ONLY 2% and is only used by my wallpaper engine. My CPU and RAM both run at around 75-90%. I have tried changing the windows power option, Nvidia control panel power option, changing drivers and even uncapping frames disabling all GPU using apps. All of these have been unsuccessful. In fortnite my GPU runs at 40% while other games such as battlefield run at 2%. Doesnt seem to be a bottleneck as my CPU isn't always maxed out. Was hoping someone would be able to help me solve this problem on my new PC so I could get minimum of 60 on medium settings at least.

Is Vsync on?

Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.9 Ghz  | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 |  PaliT GTX 1050Ti  |  8gb Kingston HyperX Fury @ 2933 Mhz  |  Corsair CX550m  |  1 TB WD Blue HDD

Inside some old case I found lying around.

This almost seems like a Cpu bottleneck but you should be getting more then 40fps and if it where a gpu bottleneck she would be at 100% all day long in games. also im pretty sure that cpu can max out a gtx 1060

Now some probably dumb looking questions for you~
Are you using Geforce experience to download your drivers?
Are you using the video out on the actual gpu instead of the video out on your motherboard?
Does your motherboard have more then 1 pcie slot? (the slot your gpu fits into) 
Are you running your ram in the proper slot for your motherboard?
Also what games are you trying to play? I don't think a 1060 will play some modern games on medium at 60fps (Depending on your screen size) but you would have to see what your cpu and gpu% are running at while playing

Server Rig Specs~
Motherboard: S5520hc Cpu's: two Xeon x5670's @3.3 ghz  Ram: Kingston ddr3 24gigs @1333mhz Psu: Evga Gq1000 Coolers: 2 hyper 212evo Hdd: 2 1tb hdd's Case: Corsair 400c

Gaming Pc Specs~
Motherboard: Asus rog maxumis viii gene Cpu: Skylake i7 6700k @ 4.2ghz Ram: Corsair dominator platinum 32gigs @ 2666mhz Psu: Corsair 1200i Cooler: Corsair 105i Hdd: 5tb wd black Case: Corsair 350d Os: Windows 10 home

2 minutes ago, Fluffy Zyox said:

This almost seems like a Cpu bottleneck but you should be getting more then 40fps and if it where a gpu bottleneck she would be at 100% all day long in games. also im pretty sure that cpu can max out a gtx 1060

Are you using the video out on the actual gpu instead of the video out on your motherboard?
Also what games are you trying to play? I don't think a 1060 will play some modern games on medium at 60fps (Depending on your screen size) but you would have to see what your cpu and gpu% are running at while playing

2nd option is out, r3 1200 has no igpu, there'd be no display at all if that was the case.

Also the 1060 6gb is more than capable of running games at high 1080p - 1440p at 60 fps lol

Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.9 Ghz  | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 |  PaliT GTX 1050Ti  |  8gb Kingston HyperX Fury @ 2933 Mhz  |  Corsair CX550m  |  1 TB WD Blue HDD

1 minute ago, bleedblue said:

2nd option is out, r3 1200 has no igpu, there'd be no display at all if that was the case.

Also the 1060 6gb is more than capable of running games at high 1080p - 1440p at 60 fps lol

I see! no onboard graphics ruled that out, im not very knowledgeable on amd cpu's

And on high @1440p I can make games drop down to 30fps with a 980ti x3
It depends on what game he is running.

Server Rig Specs~
Motherboard: S5520hc Cpu's: two Xeon x5670's @3.3 ghz  Ram: Kingston ddr3 24gigs @1333mhz Psu: Evga Gq1000 Coolers: 2 hyper 212evo Hdd: 2 1tb hdd's Case: Corsair 400c

Gaming Pc Specs~
Motherboard: Asus rog maxumis viii gene Cpu: Skylake i7 6700k @ 4.2ghz Ram: Corsair dominator platinum 32gigs @ 2666mhz Psu: Corsair 1200i Cooler: Corsair 105i Hdd: 5tb wd black Case: Corsair 350d Os: Windows 10 home

Just now, Fluffy Zyox said:

I see! no onboard graphics ruled that out, im not very knowledgeable on amd cpu's

And on high @1440p I can make games drop down to 30fps with a 980ti x3
It depends on what game he is running.

As long as he doesn't do something insane like 16x anti aliasing, a 1060 is good enough to bump up the settings that actually matter.

16 minutes ago, Fluffy Zyox said:

I originally used GeForce experience but then wiped all drivers using ddu and reinstalled without GeForce experience. Also my HDMI is plugged into the gpu socket and not the motherboard. My motherboard has two slots but I've  made sure my GPU is in the top pcie. My ram is in the right slot as I put it in according to the motherboard manual and during games it's running at 70 ish percent. I mostly started with playing light games like fortnite and csgo. Even these ran at a lot lower fps than my friend with for example a i5 4690k and 970. Recently I've been testing games like pubg, monster Hunter world, and battlefield 5 beta. In all of these games I run at 45 fps with almost all low settings and GPU usage at 2-10%. I play on a 24 inch screen. My CPU is at 75%

12 minutes ago, bleedblue said:

As long as he doesn't do something insane like 16x anti aliasing, a 1060 is good enough to bump up the settings that actually matter.

Actually I play on very low settings and barely get 50 fps

3 minutes ago, xItz_Rewind said:

Actually I play on very low settings and barely get 50 fps

What are the temps in your system?

by "changing drivers" what do you mean?

Did you use DDU to completely remove one and install another?

I'm guessing this is 1080p due to the high CPU usage.

Good good, with those out of the way it gets harder to think of things that would do that. 
You should have allot more Gpu usage then that. she should be rocking like 30-100% in games

2 minutes ago, bleedblue said:

^ was just going to ask this. temperature throttling will tone your card right down to nothing

Now that I think of it, I have actually had a problem like that before, for whatever reason some software glitch would shut off my fans, she got up to like 90c by the time I noticed why games where running 30fps on the lowest settings

Server Rig Specs~

Gaming Pc Specs~

1 minute ago, bleedblue said:

by "changing drivers" what do you mean?

Did you use DDU to completely remove one and install another?

I'm guessing this is 1080p due to the high CPU usage.

My CPU maxes out with the overclock at 80°c and I used ddu to remove and then installed a previous version

5 minutes ago, Fluffy Zyox said:

Good good, with those out of the way it gets harder to think of things that would do that. 
You should have allot more Gpu usage then that. she should be rocking like 30-100% in games

^ was just going to ask this. temperature throttling will tone your card right down to nothing

Now that I think of it, I have actually had a problem like that before, for whatever reason some software glitch would shut off my fans, she got up to like 90c by the time I noticed why games where running 30fps on the lowest settings

Nope I opened my PC and all fans running. Also temps were only around 75 with overclock

Just now, xItz_Rewind said:

Nope I opened my PC and all fans running. Also temps were only around 75 with overclock

Im assuming that's 75 on the cpu? 
What about the gpu?

Server Rig Specs~

Gaming Pc Specs~

Just now, Fluffy Zyox said:

Im assuming that's 75 on the cpu? 
What about the gpu?

Yup 75 on cpu. Actually I'm not sure Abt GPU and don't have access to my pc. I'll reply back in 2-3 days?

1 minute ago, xItz_Rewind said:

Yup 75 on cpu. Actually I'm not sure Abt GPU and don't have access to my pc. I'll reply back in 2-3 days?

Aye sounds good, those temps are quite important for gpu performance 
Just quote me or something if you wanna talk to me again! :)

But im sure allot of others have new ideas and are willing to help~

Server Rig Specs~

Gaming Pc Specs~

8 minutes ago, Fluffy Zyox said:

Aye sounds good, those temps are quite important for gpu performance 
Just quote me or something if you wanna talk to me again! :)

But im sure allot of others have new ideas and are willing to help~

I was just wondering if maybe I overclocked my GPU? Would it force the games to put a heavier load on the GPU or will it stay the same. (I'm no tech genius so I'm just guessing)

hmmm that would be pretty hard to mix up~ 

If you did overclock it a small amount it would run ok. but if you overclock it enough you would just fry it. if it didn't fry it would make your temps go threw the roof. It would also result in super poor performance probably worse then what your getting now, but you would hear your fans screaming at you if it was throttling that hard to give you bad fps (Unless you set the fan curve to a set amount and as it heats up instead of speeding the fans up it throttles and reduces the cards speed?)

Will need those temps before we can rule out thermal throttling.

and I doubt you mixed the overclocking up, that's 2 different sets of software to overclock them

Server Rig Specs~

Gaming Pc Specs~

Id honestly take any overclock off that you have, and try without it

Server Rig Specs~

Gaming Pc Specs~

14 minutes ago, xItz_Rewind said:

I was just wondering if maybe I overclocked my GPU? Would it force the games to put a heavier load on the GPU or will it stay the same. (I'm no tech genius so I'm just guessing)

running games on 4 threads should be fine at 3.7. are you running a single stick of ram? or 2 stick in dual channel? or 2 sticks in the same channel? you'll lose about half your performance even if you have 2 sticks if they are in the same channel group. Ryzen needs dual channel badly or it chokes.

19 minutes ago, Fluffy Zyox said:

hmmm that would be pretty hard to mix up~ 

If you did overclock it a small amount it would run ok. but if you overclock it enough you would just fry it. if it didn't fry it would make your temps go threw the roof. It would also result in super poor performance probably worse then what your getting now, but you would hear your fans screaming at you if it was throttling that hard to give you bad fps (Unless you set the fan curve to a set amount and as it heats up instead of speeding the fans up it throttles and reduces the cards speed?)

Will need those temps before we can rule out thermal throttling.

and I doubt you mixed the overclocking up, that's 2 different sets of software to overclock them

Yup don't even have msi afterburner

11 minutes ago, RunsWindowsOnMac said:

running games on 4 threads should be fine at 3.7. are you running a single stick of ram? or 2 stick in dual channel? or 2 sticks in the same channel? you'll lose about half your performance even if you have 2 sticks if they are in the same channel group. Ryzen needs dual channel badly or it chokes.

I am actually running a single stick of 8gb but I know for sure it's in the right slots

19 minutes ago, Fluffy Zyox said:

Id honestly take any overclock off that you have, and try without it

I'll try this when I get access to my pc

2 minutes ago, xItz_Rewind said:

I am actually running a single stick of 8gb but I know for sure it's in the right slots

that's your bottleneck. if you put a matched stick in the second slot you'll have 2X the bandwidth for the gpu to send frames to your cpu. that should resolve your usage issues and frame rates. i've seen quite a few comparisons using 1x8gb and 2x4gb sticks of ram. using 2 sticks is almost exactly double the performance.