SSD and SSHD working in conjunction - Spilt OS over each. Best budget set up so far sloved?

Fontaine

I've recently upgraded to SSD (Samsung EVO 840 120gb) and wow, boot up is fast, read speeds are great and I love it and it has left me wanting more...... I've used this (http://www.overclock.net/t/664738/how-to-setup-ssd-boot-drive-with-secondary-hard-disc-optimization) guide to set up my system to save space on the SSD and reduce writes. What is pretty much does is put the OS on the SSD, in my case C:\ with all the app data on my HDD (not SSHD yet). When I say app data, I'm not just talking about program files, which you can add to the HDD manually by changing the installation path, I'm talking about the hidden user data windows automatically puts on the C:\ drive, (usually found under C:\users). This folder can take a lot of space and writes to the SSD depending on what you use your PC for. 

So far this set up is working great, if followed step by step and also taking note of the additional registry edits to change installation path to wherever your HDD is (D:\ or in my case F:\).

There is one small issue. The HDD holds program data so is bottle necking program loads and system performance overall. Resource manager clearly shows windows reading from my HDD a lot, even when doing very little and this will also be the case when loading game etc. So to fix this I've ordered a Seagate SSHD Hybrid disk to use as my second drive. I'm hope this will further improve performance with the addition of having all my space. Yes it wont be as fast as having a 1TB SSD but it a fraction of the cost and surly will be dam close. Or at least that is what I think.

Anyone have any thoughts on this? Cant wait to clone my 1TB HDD to my new 1TB SSHD when it comes!

Has anyone compared access speeds between a SSD and a SSHD? How much do you think this will impact my system? Should I have just went for a hybrid in the first place or will having the main OS files on the SSD Evo 840 really have a noticeable impact?

Oh I should also mention the I think my 1TB HDD is about to fail? Read and write times are slowing down and I hear clicking all the time. Sounds like normal clicking, but its consistent or I probably wouldn't bother changing it just yet. SMART is should everything is good and Samsung ES Tools show no issues but there is definitely something going on.....