Any easy tech project ideas?

TrentH

I've been trying to learn about basic circuitry and coding for a while and from recent experiences it seems like the only good way of actually making any progress is just jumping in and trying a project. I was thinking something along the lines of a project involving an Arduino or Raspberry Pi. I was wondering if anyone here has had some experience with small projects who could point me in the right direction! 

the big question is what parts you have available, it makes no sense to start a project only to find out you dont have enough parts or missing the right ones.

i recommend to start with an arduino kit that already has a bunch of parts then you also have some documentation how to get going with it.

Nice cheap project - Build a Air Conditioner Using Peltier . Loads of projects on YouTube . 

Build own projector again lots on YouTube . Can be as cheap as a bit of cardboard and a lens film right up to a short throw led 4k projector and load in between

And DIY Philips ambilight add on for any TV . Again loads of project on YouTube and cheap parts though Ali express .

Good luck whatever you decide.

When i was in highschool i wrote software on a raspberrypi to communicate with OBD2 in my car. I also got a touchscreen and made a virtual dashboard for my car. With working dials and gauges. a year later i made it play sounds depending on what the car was doing.

CPU:R9 3900x@4.5Ghz RAM:Vengeance Pro LPX @ 3200mhz MOBO:MSI Tomohawk B350 GPU:PNY GTX 1080 XLR8

DRIVES:500GB Samsung 970 Pro + Patriot Blast 480GB x2 + 12tb RAID10 NAS

MONITORS:Pixio PX329 32inch 1440p 165hz, LG 34UM68-p 1080p 75hz

A project you can do for almost nothing, make a Nathan Stubblefield “Earth Battery” (they powered the telegraph lines)...bury it in your backyard and run the power to a Joule Thief circuit to light up your backyard for free. 

Earth Battery, 1898.

Joule Thief Circuit, 2007.

Basic circuitry 101. Free Power.