Mobile procesor temperature

Simon771

I noticed that my oneplus 6 gets very hot while playing games. I tested it with antutu to monitor cpu temperature, and it gets up to 70°C.

What is max safe temperature for Snapdragon 845? Can't find that info anywhere ...

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

6 minutes ago, Simon771 said:

I noticed that my oneplus 6 gets very hot while playing games. I tested it with antutu to monitor cpu temperature, and it gets up to 70°C.

What is max safe temperature for Snapdragon 845? Can't find that info anywhere ...

pretty sure that's very typical for a mobile CPU, nothing to worry about, it will throttle itself or shutdown if it goes over safe temperatures, so if you're not seeing unexpected shutdowns or slowdowns then you're fine.

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

don't know why everyone thinks we're still in the 90's when CPU's used to literally burn themselves to death if you remove the cooler, yes... go up in flames..

today everything has safety, even if you use something improperly, components always protect themselves, by either slowing down for protection, or shut down for protection or even let you know that there's something wrong.

i could give you many examples of different components but i don't wanna bore you.

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

23 hours ago, syn2112 said:

don't know why everyone thinks we're still in the 90's when CPU's used to literally burn themselves to death if you remove the cooler, yes... go up in flames..

today everything has safety, even if you use something improperly, components always protect themselves, by either slowing down for protection, or shut down for protection or even let you know that there's something wrong.

i could give you many examples of different components but i don't wanna bore you.

I do understand it got better, but for Intel there is Tjunction around 100°C. Was hoping there is some info like this for Snapdragon 845 also.

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB