i want to help me to overclock my 4770k and asus z87 deluxe

jim33

nv4j8o.jpghi before one year i did overlock my 4770k from the program asus suit 3 but i had some problems

can you help me to overclock my 4770k from the bios of asus z87 deluxe?

i have take fotos the pictures from my asus z87 deluxe for to help me to overclock my 4770k

iIykKB.jpg

slap the voltage at 1.3V and the multiplier at 47 and see if it crashes under IBT, thats what id do personally but if you really want to learn overclocking id recomend finding some videos on the subject as they do a much better job of explaining the process than a long forum post usiually do. here is one from Linus made for Devils Canyond:

thats the one that got me started with overclocking my I5 4690K which i got to 4.7GHz @ 1.335V and now my I7 4790K to 5.1GHz 1.4V

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

in  aida64  do  i have to stress  the   fpu?? because when i do stress the fpu i have overheating 5 percent

but when i stress  only  the  cpu i dont have problems

i had adaptive mod on when i did test  with aida64

do i have to  put off the adaptive mod?? when i am, using  aida64??

there are no sure fired values for our forum to give you to make it a stable overclock, you'll have to find these values out for yourself.

might i suggest this video:

20 minutes ago, jim33 said:

i had adaptive mod on when i did test  with aida64

do not stress test with adaptive mode on.. this will artificially increase the heat/voltage load.

and there is not reason to SPAM our forums with the same question.

IN  AIDA64  DO I HAVE TO STRESS  THE FPU?>? BECAUSE WHEN I STRESS THE FPU   I HAVE  HEATING TROTLE  5 PERCENT

DO I NEED TO STRESS  THE FPU?

now your just SPAMming our forums.. read and review the above comments..

and lose the CAPLOCK comments..

i am asking my apologizes

i am asking do i need to stress the  fpu? in aida64 because  i have heating 

what ever  voltage i put  1220 1250 or `1300 when  i  am using aida64 in   the  fpu  stress  i  have  heating  throltle

why??  can someone help me  please??

4 hours ago, Starscream203 said:

Do not put Volts up to 1.3 unless you want a dead CPU. 

What? 1.3V is perfectly fine voltage wise for a 4th gen chip. Ran my I5 4690K on 1.335V for years without degradation. 1.4V is where it gets iffy and you generally want to stay under 1.35V unless you have great cooling

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

i overclocked my 4770k in 4.5 with 1250 manual voltage and i run the intelburn test#
and i have the results
https://snag.gy/yYAIgH.jpg

so if i passed this test what it means??

but i dont understand with aida64 when i did the test with stress fpu i had overheating
from these 2 which is the best aida64 or intelburn ??

i did   the realbench stress test  and it passed  without problems