Dilemma: Return C49HG90 or not?

Dversity
Go to solution Solved by Dversity,

I ended up returning the monitor and just ordered the Asus ROG Swift PQ278qr. I hope I'm happy with that monitor. I've read about the monitor just suddenly stopping working or dead pixels appear after a while. 

I recently purchased the Samsung C49HG90 huge ass gaming monitor and I would love it do death, if it wasnt for this 1 thing. 

It works amazingly well out of the box playing in 32:9 3840x1080, but not so good when I'm enabling the Picture by Picture mode.

First problem was that it only supported 60hz when splitting the screen, but that got solved by updating to the latest firmware version, so now both are showing 144hz, great!

Now I miss the "Low Input Lag" mode when in Picture by Picture mode, and that makes FPS and gaming in general unplayable for me anyway. There's no way way to enable it while in PBP, its just greyed out. :(

Long story short: There is too much input lag when the monitor is in Picture by Picture mode. Do you think they can and will enable the Low Input Lag mode in future firmwares? Is there a way for me to contact Samsung and ask them that? 

I'm thinking of returning the monitor and get my money back to purchase something else.

7 hours ago, Dversity said:

Do you think they can and will enable the Low Input Lag mode in future firmwares?

Maybe, can't really know for sure without insider information. However, if they haven't done it already, I highly doubt it'll be added later.

Personally, I don't see why it would need to be disabled with Picture by Picture so it would be a good idea to consult the manual or Samsung support to see if there is a way to fix that issue.

44 minutes ago, Sombra said:

Maybe, can't really know for sure without insider information. However, if they haven't done it already, I highly doubt it'll be added later.

Personally, I don't see why it would need to be disabled with Picture by Picture so it would be a good idea to consult the manual or Samsung support to see if there is a way to fix that issue.

They actually added 144hz support in picture by picture in this last firmware update which was uploaded in May. I really want to keep this monitor, but that input lag is just too much for me :( 

I ended up returning the monitor and just ordered the Asus ROG Swift PQ278qr. I hope I'm happy with that monitor. I've read about the monitor just suddenly stopping working or dead pixels appear after a while.