Help! Rooting problems!

MrPsych

I rooted my gs3 and the process went by without issue (I'm pretty sure), but when I was installing cyanogenmod, it factory reset my phone, or I accidently factory reset my phone or SOMETHING, and I don't know how to recover my data, I backed up every file on my phone onto my computer beforehand, but I'm having problems putting them back onto my phone, mainly being that I don't know how. Can anybody help me with recovering my data? I would appreciate it IMMENSELY.

Does your phones screen turn on when you press the power button or does it just stay blank?

Have you try re-flashing stock rom,see whether you can restore your data on stock rom. Do you back up your data using kies or other application?

Does your phones screen turn on when you press the power button or does it just stay blank?
It still turns on when I power it on, it's just been factory reset. It doesnt have a google play store app either x_x

Have you try re-flashing stock rom,see whether you can restore your data on stock rom. Do you back up your data using kies or other application?
THANK YOU. I've just flashed a stock rom and I'm able to use my phone again. I guess I'll just wait until I have a better understanding of how to root a phone before I actually root my phone then.

Sometimes custom rom can messed up your phone by altering your kernel ,making usb connection or bluetooth not working. I also had a problem that my phone wifi wouldnt start unless i restart my phone.

I'm glad that i could help you.

• 2 weeks later...

Try to flash your mobile ,it may help you or simply try to install a stable Os which may be available on the net ,you can get one in Xda-developer

• 3 weeks later...

Once you back up your data properly, give installing a ROM another go. Installing a ROM is easily accomplished in a few steps:

1. go into recovery mode and clear the device's cache and factory reset
  2. find the ROM in the folder you put it in
  3. add that zip file to the flash queue 
  4. profit

The phone should reboot and you'll have a fresh ROM to toy around with.

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

These are the steps I take every time I install/update my Rom(s). 

- Copy GApps and Custom Rom ZIPs to your SDCard

- Backup –> Tick everything  and backup (Do this from the Custom Recovery you installed)

- Wipe –> Cache

- Wipe –> Dalvik Cache

- Wipe –> Factory Reset

- Wipe –> System

- Flash Custom Rom zip from SDCard

- Flash GApps zip from SDCard

- Wipe –> Cache

- Wipe –> Dalvik Cache

- Wipe –> Factory Reset

- Reboot

- Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup!

- Restoring Apps + Data might cause problems and is not recommended, avoid it if possible!
MOBO - Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0   CPU - AMD Phenom II X6 1055T @ 3.5GHz - Corsair H80i   RAM - 2x Corsair Vengence 4GB DDR3 @ 1666 MHz   

GPU - SAPPHIRE 100362-3L Radeon R9 290 4GB Tri-X OC  Sound - ASUS Xonar DSX  PSU - Thermaltake SMART M Series SP-850M 850W

These are the steps I take every time I install/update my Rom(s). 

- Copy GApps and Custom Rom ZIPs to your SDCard
- Backup –> Tick everything  and backup (Do this from the Custom Recovery you installed)
- Wipe –> Cache
- Wipe –> Dalvik Cache
- Wipe –> Factory Reset
- Wipe –> System
- Flash Custom Rom zip from SDCard
- Flash GApps zip from SDCard
- Wipe –> Cache
- Wipe –> Dalvik Cache
- Wipe –> Factory Reset
- Reboot
- Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup!
- Restoring Apps + Data might cause problems and is not recommended, avoid it if possible!

This is essentially a more thorough explanation of what I posted. You literally cannot go wrong with this above ^^

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

Remember to always back up your data

• 2 weeks later...

Usually you should make a backup of your phone right after rooting [CWM will do this just fine] and then install custom roms.

Btw: Check out "Omega ROMs by Indie" on XDA. Have been using his ROMs for years and I <3 them.

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...