Constant Bluescreening

OwenBurton

Hi, my pc seems to bluescreen constantly for no reason at all. It always seems to happen after I close a heavy game like Pubg or even the BFV Open beta. It also can happen after ive recorded with Shadowplay. Anyone know the issue? (sorry for the images not being the best)IMG_20180906_185347.jpgJPEG_20180906_184816.jpg

My pc has had the same hardware installed for the past year now (October 2017 I built this), and this error as only been happening for the past month or two.  (The bluescreening has started becoming a daily occurence) 

Are you reading and writing with the same drive your OS is on? 

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

I would reinstall the drivers first ( clean installation option checked)

It could be that ending the river load causes windows to fail.

You don't have your GPU over/under clocked right?

Positive Mental Additude!

Just another Tired IT guy...

Possibly corrupted OS files, or even a failing HDD.

ATAPort.sys is a driver for the SATA drive controller, and a failing HDD could cause that driver to crash.  Basically the drive becomes unresponsive and causes the controller to get stuck trying to access a file.  The windows "critical error" message is also something that happens when it cant access the drive where the OS is installed.

5 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

Are you reading and writing with the same drive your OS is on? 

yes

5 minutes ago, FastRDust said:

I would reinstall the drivers first ( clean installation option checked)

It could be that ending the river load causes windows to fail.

You don't have your GPU over/under clocked right?

No as im content with the 1060s base speeds.

Just now, OwenBurton said:

yes

Might be a bit much for one hard drive to handle. Consider an SSD for windows.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

5 minutes ago, KarathKasun said:

Possibly corrupted OS files, or even a failing HDD.

ATAPort.sys is a driver for the SATA drive controller, and a failing HDD could cause that driver to crash.  Basically the drive becomes unresponsive and causes the controller to get stuck trying to access a file.  The windows "critical error" message is also something that happens when it cant access the drive where the OS is installed.

I see, so would you advise getting a new hdd aswell as a new windows install? (That was a plan I had in my head anyways, I just wasn't a 100% sure if I should go through with it)

New drive for sure, and you have to re-install if you swap drives.

Oh, when you install Windows, make sure that only the new drive is connected.  Windows has a bad habit of installing the boot-loader on the first bootable disk it finds, and that is something you do not want on a drive that is likely to fail.