Stream sound into PC via BT. Possible?

bololabich

Is there any way to stream sound from a cell phone or any other device onto a windows running PC via BT? I've only managed to connect PS Vita but for some reason it's detected as audio output instead of input.

I have a BT audio receiver as well and I can just plug it into the line-in jack, but I'm not sure if it's faulty or it's by design but it's only visible for like a minute after plugging it into power sorce so I'd need to replug it every time I want to stream sound onto my PC, which is very inconvenient.

Kinda odd streaming sound to a PC, are you trying to use it as a mic?

CPU:R9 3900x@4.5Ghz RAM:Vengeance Pro LPX @ 3200mhz MOBO:MSI Tomohawk B350 GPU:PNY GTX 1080 XLR8

DRIVES:500GB Samsung 970 Pro + Patriot Blast 480GB x2 + 12tb RAID10 NAS

MONITORS:Pixio PX329 32inch 1440p 165hz, LG 34UM68-p 1080p 75hz

Aux cord from Phone's headphone jack to Line-In. Never had an issue with this method.

PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE REPLYING TO ME

Desktop Build: Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.0GHz, AsRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming, 48GB Corsair DDR4 @ 3000MHz, RX5700 XT 8GB Sapphire Nitro+, Benq XL2730 1440p 144Hz FS

Retro Build: Intel Pentium III @ 500 MHz, Dell Optiplex G1 Full AT Tower, 768MB SDRAM @ 133MHz, Integrated Graphics, Generic 1024x768 60Hz Monitor

5 minutes ago, JohnDongus said:

Kinda odd streaming sound to a PC, are you trying to use it as a mic?

More like line-in but mic would do as well :)

2 minutes ago, rcmaehl said:

Aux cord from Phone's headphone jack to Line-In. Never had an issue with this method.

That's dumb.... If I wanted to plug it using a wire, I'd have done it already...

5 minutes ago, bololabich said:

That's dumb.... If I wanted to plug it using a wire, I'd have done it already...

it *is* still the most sensible method, seeing your pc wasnt designed to act as bluetooth speakers.

i did have a quick look around the google for a software solution, but i found more salt than i found answers..

That's the thing, it's so nich that I can find nothing :/ Well perhaps buying another BT receiver would solve it but then I'm still not sure if a different model would be visible all the time or would act the same.

I don't think it's a SW thing, if anything then some drivers may work but nothing else, it's more about HW I think.

"To stream music from your phone to Windows 10, make sure that your Bluetooth adapter has "A2DP" audio streaming feature; then, set up your Android driver on your computer. To do so, just connect your phone to your computer via USB port, and wait for your Windows 10 computer to finish the driver update.
"

Also from a different fourm:

"I got it working. I was looking at the suggestion below and when looking through those settings I realized I never downloaded any software for my Bluetooth device so it was just using a generic drive. I went to Kensingtons website and downloaded the software, installed it, and rebooted. After doing that I was able to connect and play audio through my PC. – JakeIC Aug 16 '17 at 16:52"

"

Well Well Well, All the answers below are just a Arrow in the dark.. None of them will work if the Audio receiving service is not enabled in your pc..

For that you need to install Microsoft Plugin for Bluetooth to start audio service.. 

Its called as Windows Mobile Device center.. After downloading and Installing, Connect to your pc with Bluetooth from your phone, soon after connecting a Popup will appear in the Task bar and you will know that ur pc Speakers are ready to play Whatever you choose in phon"

CPU:R9 3900x@4.5Ghz RAM:Vengeance Pro LPX @ 3200mhz MOBO:MSI Tomohawk B350 GPU:PNY GTX 1080 XLR8

Hymm I've got some generic bt 4.0 adapter so not sure about A2DP but.. on PS Vita it says that my PC does have it. Don't really see why would cell phone drivers help here and besides I've got plenty of them installed (as I need to flash some phones from time to time). 

Isn't Windows Mobile Device seams to be nothing more than windows mobile 6.x sync app.

So well for now I need to check A2DP compatibility and nothing new besides that.

So OK I've got a half way success!! 

I've read that windows does not support BT audio input, but toshiba's driver bypasses it (and BT drivers are generally universal) so I instaled them and it does work but only with my cell phone. So now I'm trying to connect Vita as it's my main aim, and it would connect before but obviously the PC did not accept its stream.

8P86nxV.png

18 hours ago, bololabich said:

So OK I've got a half way success!! 

I've read that windows does not support BT audio input, but toshiba's driver bypasses it (and BT drivers are generally universal) so I instaled them and it does work but only with my cell phone. So now I'm trying to connect Vita as it's my main aim, and it would connect before but obviously the PC did not accept its stream.

8P86nxV.png

After reading online while on the toilet right now. I found out that your ps Vita does not have ad2p so it cannot be used the way you want to use it. Your best bet would be a Bluetooth. But rather then a Bluetooth adapter but probably some special one. TBH a Homebrew solution is probably what's it's going to come down to.

So for now I've just connected 2 extension cables, for USB charger and line-in and I'm just plugging the BT receiver into USB when I want to play some Vita games on PC. Ideally I'd like to use PC's BT directly and might try some other drivers to do so but for now it will do. I think some other drivers may help as depending on the drivers, on some Vita connects and stays that way (sadly non of these offered audio streaming) or connects and quickly disconnects on others.