Help me with cable management

So this is my first pc build and I’m pretty much done with everything else but cable management. Please give me some tips or anything to help me understand what the best way to manage all these cables is. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

Is that a PSU shroud? If that is the case, you can stuff some of the cables in there, especially the ones at the bottom that are hanging out on the desk.

6 hours ago, StoryVFX said:

So this is my first pc build and I’m pretty much done with everything else but cable management. Please give me some tips or anything to help me understand what the best way to manage all these cables is. 

I see Cablemod Pro Extension kit.

So You Wanna Be A Playa, But Your Rig's Ain't Fly,
You Gotta Hit Us Up, To Get A Pimped Out Rig,

You've Got To Pimp My Riggggggg...  (DAMN RIGHT)

2 minutes ago, mikedrewsmy said:

I see Cablemod Pro Extension kit.

No they are actually from Phanteks haha, but they are really nice and good quality :)

Just now, StoryVFX said:

No they are actually from Phanteks haha, but they are really nice and good quality :)

I'll take a photo of my cables later. Brb.

9 minutes ago, StoryVFX said:

Ok :D

steveandmaggie.jpg

Not the best cable management but at least it doesnt make the side panel bulge.

I always say as long as its hidden behind a panel it can be as messy as it likes ?

But the secret to beat cabling is no diagonal lines, have them all going in the x and y Axis. Although you really have to plan cable lengths to make it look amazingly tidy.

Good luck 

i5 7600k @5.2ghz 1.39v i7 7700k @5.1ghz 1.39v / Strix z270h / 16gb Trident z RGB 3200mhz CL16 1.35v (2400mhz CL15 kit overclocked) / GTX 1070ti sli both with Arctic Accelero Xtreme iv coolers / EVGA 750w Gold PSU

Samsung cf791 3440x1440 100hz Quantum Dot

Haven't broken something with an OC yet... YET.

5 minutes ago, mikedrewsmy said:

but at least it doesnt make the side panel bulge.

I feel personally attacked by this

i5 7600k @5.2ghz 1.39v i7 7700k @5.1ghz 1.39v / Strix z270h / 16gb Trident z RGB 3200mhz CL16 1.35v (2400mhz CL15 kit overclocked) / GTX 1070ti sli both with Arctic Accelero Xtreme iv coolers / EVGA 750w Gold PSU

Samsung cf791 3440x1440 100hz Quantum Dot

Haven't broken something with an OC yet... YET.

1 minute ago, rfcokilljoy said:

I feel personally attacked by this

Why is that LOL?

1 minute ago, StoryVFX said:

Looks really good, what case is that

NZXT H700. Same like yours.

step one: dont get extenders for a modular PSU

step one and a half, bunch stuff together with zipties

step two: shove everything behind the motherboard tray or under the PSU shroud and tackle the sidepanel on

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Make good use of the psu shroud and don't just shove everything in there, it will look much better if you bundle all excess cables. Also zip-tie all those small cables together and hide it behind bigger cables. Here is how mine looks. I've got 6 fans in there, D5 pump, hue+ with 6 strips, fan hub ... a lot of cables you don't see if you do it right. 

2-4.thumb.jpg.75433de46a9f0dfb53e8a8f791e02113.jpg

Just now, MkaiL said:

Make good use of the psu shroud and don't just shove everything in there, it will look much better if you bundle all excess cables. Also zip-tie all those small cables together and hide it behind bigger cables. Here is how mine looks. I've got 6 fans in there, D5 pump, hue+ with 6 strips, fan hub ... a lot of cables you don't see if you do it right. 

Looks cool ! And Organized

Please quote or tag me @Void Master,so i can see your reply.

Everyone was a noob at the beginning, don't be discouraged by toxic trolls even if u lose 15 times in a row. Keep training and pushing yourself further and further, so u can show those sorry lots how it's done !

Be a supportive player, and make sure to reflect a good image of the game community you are a part of. 

Don't kick a player unless they willingly want to ruin your experience.

We are the gamer community, we should take care of each other !

Pretty slick!

Admittedly, I am a tad OCD about cables and tidiness. I'm hoping by the time I am finished with my new case, no cables will be visible at all, well, only where they connect and even then, I'm hoping to keep them as much hidden as possible...

Instructions ? WHAT?!?!?! A man don't need instructions!       Oh............wait a minute...........................What's this bit for?  aaaaaagh!!
Vita imitatur artem, imitantur vitae
Lenovo M73 10AXS38G00 i7 4785T 2.20GHz, 16GB Ram, WD Black2 1.2TB Dual Drive, W7 64bit Ultimate, Lightscribe mulit-write Optical.
Lenovo M73 10AXS06G02 G3220T 2.6Ghz, 6GB RAM, 320GB HDD, W7U, Stock DVD Optical
Lenovo T420 42369N8, i5 2520M 2.5/3.2GHz, 16GB Ram, 256GB SSD (iOS 10.13.6 High Sierra), 750GB WD HDD (W7 Ultimate) Dual Boot, Lightscribe mulit-write Optical.
Lenovo L412 4403CT0, i5 520M, 2.4Ghz, 6GB RAM, 320GB HDD Win7 Ultimate Stock DVD Optical.
Custom (re)Build Tower (WIP). Asus Prime B350 Plus Mobo, GTX 960 GPU, Custom MOD Watercooling, Gamemax Falcon Case (two windowed side panels), RGB fans, dual rad CPU loop with 240 & 280 Rads, 120 GPU Rad. RGB Fittings, RGB & BL case lighting. Custom acrylic internal shields/shrouds. Remainder TBD.

12 minutes ago, MkaiL said:

Holy. that's beautiful! Good thing you dont have Corsair Hub & Lightning Node Pro.

Yea i got a bunch of cables from the nzxt smart device :/

This is what I’ve got so far, I mean the back panel closes so that’s a start.

image.jpg

The trick with lots of cables is to break them into groups and sub groups (Fans, RGB Cables, Power cables from mobo et-al) then arrange those groups into "Branches" that head towards the main Trunk..

Think of it like a tree growing from a sapling and spreading branches from the main trunk. Bottom of the case is the base of the terunk, the wires from the top of the case downwards as the branches.

Instructions ? WHAT?!?!?! A man don't need instructions!       Oh............wait a minute...........................What's this bit for?  aaaaaagh!!
Lenovo M73 10AXS38G00 i7 4785T 2.20GHz, 16GB Ram, WD Black2 1.2TB Dual Drive, W7 64bit Ultimate, Lightscribe mulit-write Optical.
Lenovo T420 42369N8, i5 2520M 2.5/3.2GHz, 16GB Ram, 256GB SSD (iOS 10.13.6 High Sierra), 750GB WD HDD (W7 Ultimate) Dual Boot, Lightscribe mulit-write Optical.
Lenovo L412 4403CT0, i5 520M, 2.4Ghz, 6GB RAM, 320GB HDD Win7 Ultimate Stock DVD Optical.
Custom (re)Build Tower (WIP). Asus Prime B350 Plus Mobo, GTX 960 GPU, Custom MOD Watercooling, Gamemax Falcon Case (two windowed side panels), RGB fans, dual rad CPU loop with 240 & 280 Rads, 120 GPU Rad. RGB Fittings, RGB & BL case lighting. Custom acrylic internal shields/shrouds. Remainder TBD.

I use a series of collars of tape. Each lead/flex/cable is colour coded to type using a singular tape colour, the number of bands reflect  numerical order from a particular point in the case.

For Fans, Fan one is at the front bottom of the case, working up the inside of the front panel, along the top of the case with the last fan being the rear exhaust fan on the rear wall of the case..

I cut "bands" from various colours of elecrical tape, so one 1" length of tape can make 4 (or more) tape bands. Saves a lot of time too.  And, as you suggest, I keep a log of what cable is what and what the colour coding means. I keep a digital, as well as physical copy inside the case "Just in case". Thought I was the only one until you mentioned it.

What I do is manage the cables one or two at a time as soon as I start installing stuff.  Zip tie them to the case, then install the next part and manage those cables too.

If they overlap the previous ones cut away the old zip ties when the new ones are tightened. 

I use about 30 zip ties in the process, but I find that to be the cleanest method.  

Every individual has an individual way of cable managing their own case/s.

Mine is the branch, trunk and tape band method. One thing I do tend to do, hoever, is group wires together by type, tying together temporarily with flexible, easy removable twist ties, THEN look at creating the branches leading into the trunks of cables, leading to the power supply.  It works for me but may not work for others.

The world would be a boring place if we all thought the same things and did everything the same way.