How Do I Do This?

Supahh

I recently switched from MAC to PC and built myself a computer. But on a mac, it has inbuilt speakers with an inbuilt microphone.

I got the Logitech Z200 Speakers for my pc, and they're amazing. BUT, I can't actually talk into them, at-least I think so?

Basically, I can only here output sound and can't actually talk into it so my friends in say a voice call won't hear me.

Is it possible to some how "Enable" it so I can have input sound and use the speaker's microphone if it has any? So it has the functionality sort of like a mac. My monitor has an audio in and audio out 3.5mm port. So does my pc and pc case.

If the speakers are only designed for output, what will be my best solution? Should I buy a separate microphone or headphones IF I can't actually talk into it.

This is new turf for me, please help.

CPU: Intel i7-8700 

GPU: MSI GTX 1060 6GB GAMING X

Monitor: HP OMEN 25 144hz

RAM: 8GB G Skill

Motherboard: MSI B360 Gaming Arctic

Storage: 2TB Barracuda

Start-up: Samsung 250GB SSD

Case: Corsair Spec-Omega White

PSU: ThermalTake 750W Fully Modular RGB

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Tournament Edition X Chroma V2

Mouse: Razer Deathadder / Logitech G502

Speakers: Logitech Z200 White / Beats Earphones

5 minutes ago, geo3 said:

Speakers are an output device only. Never heard of ones with built in microphone. You need to but that separately. 

Is it possible if I buy a separate microphone as an input device and use my speakers as an output device?

What I mean by this is, when I speak into the microphone, will the people I'm in a call with hear themselves and my pc since the speakers are output. 

Is there a way so people I'm in a call with only hear me and not the output sound of my speakers?

That's the best way I could describe it. And which 3.5mm jack should I plug in my microphone or speakers in? My monitor, front of pc case or on the port at the IO Shield??

Because my speakers also have 2 3.5mm jacks at the front of it.

1 minute ago, Supahh said:

Is it possible if I buy a separate microphone as an input device and use my speakers as an output device?

What I mean by this is, when I speak into the microphone, will the people I'm in a call with hear themselves and my pc since it's not a headphone?

That's the best way I could describe it. And which 3.5mm jack should I plug in my microphone or speakers in? My monitor, front of pc case or on the port at the IO Shield??

There should be symbols on the IO shield or the front io connector.

Pink is usually for mic in. Green is for audio out (stereo speakers or headphones).

Since uve built the pc yourselves, can i ask if u connect the HD audio cable from the front IO straight to the mobo?

So You Wanna Be A Playa, But Your Rig's Ain't Fly,
You Gotta Hit Us Up, To Get A Pimped Out Rig,

You've Got To Pimp My Riggggggg...  (DAMN RIGHT)

You can buy separate microphones for pretty cheap usually. In my experience it is better to use a headset when you play a game or something with people since the microphone could pick up sound from the speakers. 

Usually you have two 3.5mm jacks in the front, one for the headphones and one for the speakers. There should be a sign that says which is which. In the rear IO it's the green one for the speakers and the pink one for the microphone if I remember correct, but this should be easy to find out in the manual of you motherboard.

PSU tier list // Motherboard tier list // Community Standards 

My System:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Gigabyte RTX 3060TI Gaming OC ProFractal Design Meshify C TG, 2x8GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200MHz, MSI B450 Gaming Plus MaxSamsung 850 EVO 512GB, 2TB WD BlueCorsair RM850x, LG 27GL83A-B

1 minute ago, Supahh said:

will the people I'm in a call with hear themselves and my pc since it's not a headphone?

Yes. That's just how a microphone works. Some chat programs have software to filter this out but in my experience this never works 100%.  It may be possible, depending on the quality of the mic, to have it close to your face and far from the speakers and have the speakers low enough that it doesn't pick them up. 

4 minutes ago, Supahh said:

And which 3.5mm jack should I plug in my microphone or speakers in? My monitor, front of pc case or on the port at the IO Shield??

Impossible to say without knowing you setup. Just try each of them and see what works. 

3 minutes ago, mikedrewsmy said:

There should be symbols on the IO shield or the front io connector.

Pink is usually for mic in. Green is for audio out (stereo speakers or headphones).

Since uve built the pc yourselves, can i ask if u connect the HD audio cable from the front IO straight to the mobo?

Yes pink is mic in, green is audio out.

Not sure what you mean by the last sentence, but I've connected the 3.5mm cable to the green jack on the io shield.

35 minutes ago, Supahh said:

Yes pink is mic in, green is audio out.

Not sure what you mean by the last sentence, but I've connected the 3.5mm cable to the green jack on the io shield.

There should be a wire running from the front I/O that was supposed to be attached to the motherboard.

l6YMI6T.jpg

Did you connect this to the motherboard? Just asking in case you wanna use the front panel audio.

So You Wanna Be A Playa, But Your Rig's Ain't Fly,
You Gotta Hit Us Up, To Get A Pimped Out Rig,

You've Got To Pimp My Riggggggg...  (DAMN RIGHT)

2 hours ago, Supahh said:

What I mean by this is, when I speak into the microphone, will the people I'm in a call with hear themselves and my pc since the speakers are output. 

Is there a way so people I'm in a call with only hear me and not the output sound of my speakers?

People will hear themselves if your using a mic and speakers but if you were using a chat client such as ventrillo, discord etc then you could use push to talk instead of voice activated so unless you press your hotkey to enable the mic they wont hear themselves unless you guys talk over each other ... haha

6 hours ago, mikedrewsmy said:

There should be a wire running from the front I/O that was supposed to be attached to the motherboard.

l6YMI6T.jpg

Did you connect this to the motherboard? Just asking in case you wanna use the front panel audio.

Yes I did in-fact.