HUGE problem with Sony Vaio SVE171E13M (SVE1713S1EW) please help me..

Go to solution Solved by NelizMastr,

Windows 10 doesn't like running on a HDD in general. It wants a SSD, a full one, not a hybrid drive. 

Otherwise, you should honestly just leave it for a couple of hours. A fresh Windows install is always more prone to disk thrashing the first few hours.

Hello, this is my first post on any forum like this and since I watch a lot of LTT content i tought I might as well just come here for help.

I have a HUGE problem with my Sony Vaio SVE171E13M (the other model name is SVE1713S1EW).

So for a very long time I had a pretty common 100% disk usage problem, you know it's nothing terrible tbh just had to replace my HDD.

But even after replacing the HDD to an SSHD and installing a fresh copy of Windows 10 the problem still occurred.

After that I tried everything like disabling Superfetch, WIndows Search and other stuff like that.

I also completely cleaned all of the hardware and SATA connector, updated my BIOS, updated SATA drivers and everything else I could update.

Changed my ram sticks and even tried installing WIndows 10 on another fully working HDD and still the same problem.

I connected my SSHD to my PC and booted it, there was no 100% disk usage problem on the pc only on my Sony Vaio.

I've looked all over multiple forums and NO ONE has the same problem as me.

I have no idea what to do with this I tried everything I could and still to no avail.

If you have any idea what to do then please try to help me.

Press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC then click "More Details".

In taskmanager, you should be able to see what program is using the disk that much. Should help narrowing down the culprit.

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

Windows 10 doesn't like running on a HDD in general. It wants a SSD, a full one, not a hybrid drive. 

Otherwise, you should honestly just leave it for a couple of hours. A fresh Windows install is always more prone to disk thrashing the first few hours.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

5 hours ago, NelizMastr said:

OMG!

So I installed WIndows 10 on my SSD from my PC and it actually solved my problem!

No more 100% disk usage problem and it was really fucking fast.

Thank you very much I didn't think of changing this SSHD to an SSD.

But now I just need to buy a bigger SSD for my laptop and put this SSD back into my PC

Again, thank you very much ^_^

5 hours ago, HanZie82 said:

Press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC then click "More Details".

In taskmanager, you should be able to see what program is using the disk that much. Should help narrowing down the culprit.

Nothing was actually using the SSHD that much, that's the problem.