System acting weird while playing No Man's Sky

Hello, 

I just started playing No Man's Sky,  I always like to keep a eye on my system resources while game.  The system requirements for NMS say 8 gigs of ram,  I was thinking that meant Vram.  while playing my ram usage is at 12 gigs when starting up then drops down to 5 to 6 gigs.  The GPU ram never goes above 4 gigs.  Wounderin ig anyone else is seeing that, and finding out why it would be using system ram instead of Vram.  

Also i changed the core count in the ini file.  Set it at use all 8 cores.  The game ram terrbile like that and would stutter constantly.  So I drop it down to 4 cores and it buttery smooth.  Any one else done some testing like that and got different results.

Specs should be below, if not i am using a FX8350, 12 gigs of ram and a Rx480 gig,

P.S.  was that person allowing linus while playing a game,  was that ever let out who that was and why they did that.

Is there anything actually wrong? Games use RAM normally, you know. The spike is just from loading.

it's time

There is nothing wrong with it.  I was under the impressoin that Vram is faster then system ram.  Because of this i would think and using the faster ram would be better for games.

35 minutes ago, Nightridder1221 said:

There is nothing wrong with it.  I was under the impressoin that Vram is faster then system ram.  Because of this i would think and using the faster ram would be better for games.

The graphics card uses VRAM, the CPU uses system RAM.

The 8GB RAM requirement is referring to system RAM.

8 hours ago, Nightridder1221 said:

Just FYI, you need to quote people if you want them to reply to you :).

it's time