Gigabyte GTX 1060 buzzing vibrating sound FIX!

Hi!

I have a Gigabyte 1060 and it was doing a buzzing sound, that is caused by vibration of the plastic shroud if the fanspeed is int the 75-80% range. It is not coil whine, because the buzzing apperas with no load, just setting the fan speeds manually. First i thought that it is the fans vibrating, i put padding under them, no change. After that i figurd it might be the back and front plate hittin each other, and i think it was that. I took off the front, and put some cellux tape on the plastic that migth contact. If the buzzing is still audable, try maybe put something rubberry, thicker tape, like this. And try to put padding under the fans also.

Sorry for the bad pictures, i did not plan to make a guide when i did the mod.

Here is where you put the tape:

IMG_6367.thumb.JPG.e6854b0d39850ef4c991fac72bb0c9d4.JPG

it looks a bit ghetto, but hey, if it works

IMG_6369.thumb.JPG.d1ba362d4fae4eabcf3e2bd4ee957713.JPG

To remove the front plate, just undo the screws on both sides (4 in total), and dont forget that the fans are still connected, but the taping can be done without disconnecting the fansIMG_6371.thumb.JPG.dc64dad346d4d2959d3c24de1bc5bfd6.JPG

I hope this will be helpful to someone :) 

8 minutes ago, menyus420 said:

Hi!

I have a Gigabyte 1060 and it was doing a buzzing sound, that is caused by vibration of the plastic shroud if the fanspeed is int the 75-80% range. It is not coil whine, because the buzzing apperas with no load, just setting the fan speeds manually. First i thought that it is the fans vibrating, i put padding under them, no change. After that i figurd it might be the back and front plate hittin each other, and i think it was that. I took off the front, and put some cellux tape on the plastic that migth contact. If the buzzing is still audable, try maybe put something rubberry, thicker tape, like this. And try to put padding under the fans also.

Sorry for the bad pictures, i did not plan to make a guide when i did the mod.

Here is where you put the tape:

IMG_6367.thumb.JPG.e6854b0d39850ef4c991fac72bb0c9d4.JPG

it looks a bit ghetto, but hey, if it works

IMG_6369.thumb.JPG.d1ba362d4fae4eabcf3e2bd4ee957713.JPG

To remove the front plate, just undo the screws on both sides (4 in total), and dont forget that the fans are still connected, but the taping can be done without disconnecting the fansIMG_6371.thumb.JPG.dc64dad346d4d2959d3c24de1bc5bfd6.JPG

I hope this will be helpful to someone :) 

Thanks for the guide